Fifteen

Filler chapter
The next day, Riley walked downstairs ready for the day. "Mom?" She called out causing her to see her mother fixing lunch for Charlie. "I'm going to see pappy today."

"Dad?"

"Yeah."

"Riley, your grandfather died when you were two. There's no way that he is alive unless you mean his grave."

Riley nodded as she walked out of the kitchen. She looked back at her mother and wonder who the hell was she speaking to yesterday and why did he look just like her grandfather. Something about this just keeps getting weirder.
~~~
"So, Alyssa thinks that your pappy is dead."

"She showed me the death certificate this morning and his ashes that she hasn't scattered yet." She says. "Who was we talking to then and why did he look like pappy."

"We will find out, baby."

Riley nodded as she wondered why all this was happening. She looked at Emmett smiling. "I'm sorry you're missing baseball..."

"There are other times." He says. "For now, we need to find out more."

Riley nodded as they arrived at her pappy's house or what she thought. They shared a look and got out. The blonde was very confused as she looked around the empty spot. "What?"

"He was here yesterday. Where is he?"

Riley looked at him. "Mom was right. He's dead." She says with tears in her eyes.

Emmett hugged her as she cried. The only person who held the answers for them. Emmett wondered what else is there besides vampires and shifters. Riley looked up at him smiling. "We will find out together, Riley. I promise."

Riley nodded as she looked back at the spot before walking back to the Jeep. Emmett helped her in. She looked at him and leaned in and kissed him. Their bond and her pappy's ghost or whatever he is has Riley and Emmett questioning more. None of this started till they completed the bond. What else is out there?