Fourteen

Riley stood in the kitchen with Emmett as they were fixing the food for Bella's visit. Esme wanted to meet her, but Riley didn't know about all this. The contacts didn't work as her eyes ruin the contacts as soon as they are in. Emmett kissed her head causing her to look up and smile. "Riley?" She looked at Devon. "You look a bit more different."

"Yeah, I noticed I look paler than usual." She said. "I have been going through my great grandfather's stuff, but can't find anything. I might need to visit pappy."

"Your grandfather?"

"Devon, you may be my friend, but you really ask a lot of questions. Yes, my grandfather. He doesn't live that far from here."

"Really?" Rosalie says. "How come we never see him or smelt him?"

Riley shrugged as she had no clue. Her grandfather was known to be a loner. "Pappy is the type who likes being by himself. He probably knows more as to what is going on."

"After we meet Bella, why don't the two of us go see him?"

"I would like that." She tells him. "I've been wanting him to meet you."

Emmett smiled as he kissed her. "Get a whiff of that." Rosalie says causing the two to separate. "Here comes the human."

"Excuse me?" Riley says making Rosalie laugh at her. "That's what I thought."
~~~
After meeting Bella with the Cullens, Riley and Emmett left before Bella had the chance to ask about her eyes. The two arrived at a small cabin causing Emmett to put the Jeep in park. Riley got out, but saw the door wide open. "Pappy?" She called out as she walked towards the house.

"Riley, what are you doing here?"

She turned and sighed in relief. "Pappy, I want you to meet...."

"Emmett. Your mother told me the other day." He says. "I'm happy that she moved on."

"Dad's death was hard on mom, but Charlie managed to pick up those pieces over the years." She said. "Do you know what's going on with me that great grandfather left out."

"Yes." He said. "You're slowly turning into a cold one my dear."

"What?" They asked.

"You two completed the bond, correct?" They nodded. "With that bond being completed, things will slowly start changing. First your eyes, then your skin, than food won't start tasting right..."

"Really?" Riley says. "Why did he leave all that out?"

"Because he didn't actually think that you would be that little girl." He tells her as he looked at the sun. "My dear, Riley, you are special in every way. You could be the one to bring the coven and the pack together." Emmett looked at them. "If only the supernatural knew how special you are."

"Will I be finding out more?"

"Yes." He tells her. "You must go home. I'll see you tomorrow."

"I'll see you tomorrow." She tells him as she walked over to Emmett. "Are you wanting to come back here tomorrow?"

"Yeah. If he has more to tell us, the two of us needs to know what else do we have to be on the look out for."

Riley looked at her Pappy as he went into his cabin. She looked back at Emmett and smiled as she would be back tomorrow not knowing the truth about her Pappy.

What do you think her Pappy is? Till next time.