Chapter 7

Jemma's POV

Alessandro just stares at me without blinking for a long time. We just stare at each other and I find myself on my knees between his thighs just crying heavy heart-breaking sobs. I cry for him, I cry for myself, I cry for our baby and I cry for our marriage. Regardless of everything that happened I love this man with all my heart and that won't change.

When I'm busy crying I feel a hand on my neck comforting me and when I look back I found Alessandro touching me and comforting me at the same time. When I look up into his eyes again he is crying too. I broke down some more, my husband is still alive and everyone in the room is crying because they are happy that he responded.

Beth comes and joins us too and we all cry tears of happiness. Alessandro is alive and kicking. "It's a miracle, what you did for me and for my family we can never repay you Jemma." Beth says between sobs. "Alessandro loves you very much that much is clear, he hasn't done anything in a year by himself".

"You come and in a matter of a few minutes, Alessandro can make eye contact, he can move and he is crying. I can never thank you enough Jemma." I hug her tightly because I'm so happy. "Mrs Tetrazzini, may I please have a word with you privately?Dr Barnes says to me. "Of course Dr, I'm coming." I answer him

The moment I start to stand up Alessandro holds my wrist so tightly, indicating that he doesn't want me to go. He is starting to panic, breathing fast and heavily. I look at him and I see the panic and the fear of the thought of me leaving him again so obvious in his eyes. "I'm just going to talk to the doctor about your health". I say this to him because I know he can hear me.

He still doesn't let go and I try to pry his fingers off and because he is weak I was able to release my hand from his grasp. As I turn, he finally speaks "Je, Je, Jem,". "Jemma!" With a weak raspy voice. He hasn't used his vocal cords for almost a year so he is not used to talking anymore but he manages to say my name.

Everything is happening so fast. I look at him one last time and turn towards the doctor who is waiting for me. "I think it's better we don't go outside because he might have a full blown panic attack if he is unable to see you" Dr Barnes says to me. I nod my head and we move a little further away from everyone. I hear Beth and the caretakers telling Alessandro softly that she is not going anywhere, she is here.

"Jemma, what I saw today has never been happened in my 20 years career as a doctor. Alessandro just responded like he has been doing these things for a long time. It's like he woke up from a long sleep just by your mere presence. I'm shocked and astounded because even I cannot explain what happened."Dr Barnes says.

As Dr Barnes is speaking to me, I look behind me to see Alessandro looking at me fiercely and possessively, tracking my every movement. "As I was saying, Alessandro is highly dependent on you, he needs you to live and it's not healthy but it's just the way things are. He is going to need you more in the next coming weeks. He is going to need intense physio-therapy as well as speech therapy." Dr Barnes continues

"You will have to be by his side 24/7, are you ready for that? He is going to need you close by at all times. In order for him to get better and walk properly, speak properly you are going to be there so you will have to move back in here into this house and I know it's a lot to ask from you but at this point there is no other way." Dr Barnes says.

I nod my head and say "Yes of course Dr Barnes, I understand and I am ready to do all that if he can go back to normal. He is my husband and he needs me now so I'm willing to help. It's not going to be easy because Alessandro is stubborn but I will push him." Dr Barnes then proceeds to give me a schedule and the doctor names that will be dealing with Alessandro's physio-therapy as well as speech therapy.

It's going to be a long month because if I'm staying here then my baby must stay here too. We need to move back in here and at this point I don't even know where my marriage with Alessandro stands. I am willing to do anything to help the father of my child as well as the man that I love get better, but at what cost...