Chapter 3

Jemma's POV

Today was for shopping for me and my little man, he behaved so well when we were at the mall. He is now sleeping in the car seat and as I approach my street I see a lot of cars. Alarm bells start ringing in my head, my heart starts beating very fast because l know those cars are not there for a courtesy visit, they mean business!!

I reach my house and park on the driveway. A door opens in one of the tinted SUVs and I start to panic thinking that Alessandro will come out. I see his sister Beth whom I've met a few times climb out of the car accompanied by her husband Tim. They start walking towards me and I am thankful I left little Alessandro in the car seat sleeping peacefully.

"Jemma, I've missed you darling, how have you been?" Beth says to me. She leans in to give me a hug and I hug her back. " We've been searching you for you for the whole year and we finally found you in South Africa. I am so happy we finally did, can we talk to you in private please", she asks me.

I'm skeptical and hesitant because I don't know what's going on. I nod my head and indicate for them to come in the house. I recognize a few bodyguards from Alessandro's team walking around and checking the coast as if someone will come out and start attacking.

We enter my house and I show them the living room. I haven't said anything to her and her husband because I'm shocked and overwhelmed. They sit down and I ask them if they want any drink to which they refused. I can sense their urgency that they really need to talk to me. Did Alessandro send them to take my child, did he send them with divorce papers ? ( if we are really married).

I sit down opposite them and look at them. "Jemma, you look good and it seems like you have gained a little bit of weight" She says this smiling at me. "Beth and Tim it's been a while, I am just surprised and shocked to see you guys here in South Africa." I say to her.

"What brings you here and why were you looking for me?" I ask her. "Well we apologize for ambushing you like this but we needed to come, we needed to find you. We've been searching for you all over the world without any lead and your mother finally told us where you are, don't blame her please" she says.

"How could my mom do that? I specifically told her not to tell anyone especially Alessandro where I was. Why are you here and not him?" I ask. "Your mother saw the need to tell us because the the situation of why we are here and not Alessandro himself is getting worse"

"What do you mean the situation? What situation? I ask as I'm starting to panic now. "Where do I begin? Well after you left Alessandro at the church, he broke down and suffered a minor stroke. He was taken to the hospital and was put into a coma for 2 weeks. When he came around he asked the doctor only one question" Beth says.

""Where is Jemma? I need Jemma here with me!"" "The doctor told him that they are looking for you and you will soon be found. He started panicking and his heart couldn't have taken the strain due to the minor stroke so the doctor put in an induced coma again for a week. When he woke up he never said anything. He hasn't spoken a word ever since and it's been a year."

"He doesn't talk, he doesn't react to anything. The doctor says he has a given up on living all that is left is just for his organs which are very weak to die. He just sits and stares outside of the window and because he is not doing his physiotherapy his leg that was affected by the minor stroke is not functioning properly so he has to use a wheelchair." Beth says.

I didn't realize I've been crying since she started talking. How can I not cry when my Sandro is not well. "I don't know what to say" I say to her and Tim. "Alessandro needs you, you are the only person who can bring him back to life he really needs you or we are going to loose him soon. His body won't be able to survive for long. Alessandro will rather die than live in a world without you in it" Tim says...