Chapter 1

Jemma's POV

I feel so tired today, it hasn't been easy living by myself in a different country for almost a year. I have been having sleepless nights since I gave birth to my son 3 months ago. Today is a good day because he has been sleeping the whole day and when he does that I get to run errands and take care of myself.

Being a single mom is not easy and I take my hat off to all the single mothers out there ( you are the true heroes and you are appreciated). I know I am a single mom by choice because I didn't tell my baby daddy that he has fathered a child and for a good reason at that.

I have been in South Africa ( my favorite place in the whole world duh) for a year now and nobody except my mom knows where I am. I wanted to disappear from the face of the earth where Alessandro will never find me and Johannesburg, South Africa seemed the right place for me and I love it here.

This place is amazing, never met such friendly people in my whole young life. I say young because I am 20 years old now with a 3 month old baby boy. South Africa is amazing I stay in a beautiful gated community ( estates as they are called here) in an area called Fourways. The houses are stand alone and gorgeous. The house I live in has 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a double garage.

I have money that I saved in my account when I was married to Alessandro ( or when I thought I was married). I am living a middle class life here in Fourways, healing and recuperating. I have a helper who comes twice a week to do the house chores but I am alone most of the time. Life is hard without Alessandro but I am surviving and managing.

I was not aware that I was pregnant when I ran away from my own wedding back in New York. I discovered the  biggest shock  of my life after a month of being in Johannesburg. To say I was shocked is an understatement. I was shocked to the core because even though the signs were there I didn't realize the reason was because I was pregnant: I gained weight, I was always tired and nauseous.

When I took the pregnancy test that changed my life was just my way of making sure that there is no possibility maybe I was sick or something. When the test came back positive I could not believe it. But the truth was staring me in the face: I was really pregnant with Alessandro's child at the age of 19.

It took me time to accept and it was hard but once reality has sunk in I was happy. I was blessed to carry this child because I will always have a piece of my husband with me even though we are not together and that made me so happy. I was happy that I was going to be a mother and I wished it was a boy and indeed I was blessed with a baby boy.

I knew Alessandro and his people were looking for me high and low all over the world. I made sure I didn't leave any lead that can be traced. I wanted to be by myself though it was not easy being pregnant and alone but I had no other choice. I needed time to heal and be by myself. I was so heartbroken but now that I was pregnant I was given a purpose to go on.

Preparing for the birth of my baby was what kept me sane. I didn't want to know what was going on with Alessandro and I didn't ask. Every time I spoke to my mom she would tell me that he is looking for me and I must come home. I refused point black because I was not ready to go back.

I didn't know what gender I was carrying because I wanted it to be a surprise. So the colors I used to decorate the nursery were gender neutral, I wanted it to be a surprise but like I said deep down I wanted a baby boy. Carrying to term was not easy because I was sick most of the time and finally the time arrived and Little Alessandro Tetrazzini was born weighing 3.5 Kg and healthy...