When I was older

Oya beat me. You are given full permission to beat me.
Don't break your phone ni sha oh, I'm not responsible for any bodily harm you cause yourself as you take out your anger on your cellular device.

So hey guys :)
How are y'all doing🌚
This book is about me but I want to know how you are doing. Because I care. Because I'm *deep inhale* not like other writers✨.

Last time I published a chapter here was about a year and a half ago and yikes.
Reading through my old chapters, I find it really funny how in the span of about 3 years I have really not matured (such sad, very cry) because I can definitely see myself writing these things as I am now (minus the ungodly number of references to donuts/unicorns and some of the chapters omo- 14 year old me was not having it). But then also there are many of things I was idk, cringing about.

When I first started writing this, I was navigating senior school without my best friend because she had moved away, my grades were dropping, I was going through an identity crisis and I was battling what I assume wasn't depression but scarily resembled it. So y'all do not know how much I needed a platform to just rant about whatever petty irrelevant nonsense I wanted.

And now that I'm older it's just weird looking back.

Sorry if you wanted to come here for a good laugh, I recommend the 4th, 5th and 7th chapters but today, dearest one person that still reads this, we're going to be deep.

*GASP*

Yes dear reader, your eyes deceiveth you not, Kayla is going to be serious.

So, I'm currently done with exams (woohoo!) and the reality of becoming an old woman is gradually beginning to hit.

Like huh? How am I not 14? Wasn't last year 2018? Is it film trick? Special effect? I really don't understand.

So like joke I have to be responsible and mature? Hian!

Maybe it's stupid of me to be afraid of the future but bro, I don't like being old😭

How am I old enough for people to call me Aunty ejor? How?

All that is left for me to do is to start manifesting the rich Aunty lifestyle I plan on living after graduation, why be old when you can be old and rich you feel me?

So yeah, one thing that has been heavy on my mind as if I'm bearing Sza as name, is the reality of time and like aging and stuff. Really weird.

This final year of school was uhm, quite an experience.

Y'all let me not lie to you, as you see me so, I dey pack wahala for head as if na bone straight. 2018 Kayla and 2021 Kayla are the same person😭
No growth, no evolution, just age, not maturity oh, just extra numbers.

Maybe I should dedicate another chapter to narrate all the things that I put myself into this year because sir-
I didn't sign up for this.

I've also been writing more yay!
Like spoken word poetry and fiction and stuff and I can't wait for the day when I garner confidence to share my work here again but y'all, watch this space, exciting things are happening.

Also, I want to change my profile but I don't know what colour to use. I'm really loving this pink and when I look at my profile I'm taken back to 2019 but since a lot of things in my life are changing, my profile should too. Right?

In an attempt to hold on to my childhood I was rereading my old drafts and uhm....
Who gave me a cellular device biko?

Like what person allowed me on this app😂
The spelling errors, the punctuation errors, the plot holes omo-
When they said the young shall grow they didn't add that the young shall grow to cringe at themselves from before.

Not me wanting to be an American girl because Disney had brainwashed me into thinking life was a movie-

Anyhoo....
I think that's enough for this general life update.

Thank you for the support over the years! New things are coming to this space soon, agh, I'm so excited! And yeah, see you in the next rant, next week (yes you heard right, not next year, next week. Can we get a round of applause for the character development?)

Much love and donuts!
Kae <3

Shower ThoughtsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara