02 ; SECRET [ 2 ]

THE MONSTERS
like to jump out of
the dark.

Three years have passed by since you knew the secrets and the true purpose of the farms. You've been hiding it from each one of your siblings, except for Ray.

You've been using your endearing smile for three years in order to not be suspicious. And now here you are, witnessing another fake Goodbye and lies coming from Mama's mouth.

"Bye Guys! I promise I'll send lots of letters!" Connie said as she gave you her smile. "Y/n, Aren't you going to give Connie a goodbye?" Mama asked as she gave you her glare only you can see.

"She'll be fine, Have a safe trip Connie" You said and smiled as you headed upstairs tired from this repeating scenes though it hurts for you yet you've gotten used to this feeling.

"Oi why are you hugging my sweater? Bring it back" A man said as he threw a pillow on you. "this is mine now, I've been wearing it for three years dummy" You uttered and sighed as you picture Ceddy from Connie.

"You miss her?" He asked and walk reaching for your figure. "How can I not? I miss everyone" You mentioned and sighed as you hugged the pillow wrapped with Ray's cardigan.

▰▰▰▰▰▰

Connie left the house with her last words as everyone started crying yet happy for her since she already found her adoptive parents.

"I guess we have to clean now" Emma whined as she headed to the dining room with her hands gripping the broom.

"Connie! You're kidding me!" Emma yelled with her disappointed face and held it as the broom was left on the floor.

You silently walked in and picked up the broom as you stared brushing the floor. "Isn't that Connie's bunny?" You asked as you sweep the floor.

"You shouldn't tire yourself y/n, You've been helping Mama all day long" Norman uttered as he made you stop from sweeping the floor.

"But Connie's already left!" Gilda said as she noticed Emma holding the girl's bunny. "What do we do?" Emma asked as she turned around while you were left smiling.

Is this the right time?

"There's still time" Ray said as he entered the room with his hands inside his pockets. "I guess you looked out from the window?" You asked and squeaked as you guessed his actions.

"I looked out from the window and the lights by the gate were still on" Ray informed. "Hmm? Mom isn't back either which means Connie hasn't left yet" You added and started sweeping the floor again.

"Hey y/n, Want to come?" Norman asked and smiled as he offered his hand for you.

"Oh, I'll sweep the floor while you two can go" You declined and reached for his figure as you ruffled his head. "Eh?! Y/n! That's sweet!" Gilda squealed with a pink taint blush.

"Go now" You remarked as Emma yelled, "'kay!" in response. You walked out of the dining and held Ray's earlobe making him whine in pain.

"Ow!" He said as you caught him smirking. "They may know what is the secret of farms, but that doesn't mean you should smile like a villain" You muttered and flicked his ear.

"Ow! Okay okay!"

━━━━━━━━━━
As the ten year old girl changes her mood into a terrified one, she kept fightning it to not get noticed by what she called 'Mama'

"Are you okay? You look sick?" Mama said as she Brought her hand on your forehead. "Does your head ache?" She asked as you nodded in response terrified to say any wrong words.

'why would I be scared? This is for them. I need to tell them why there are Grace Field House' you thought and clenched your fist as you looked directly to your Mama.

As the Night came, Isabella suddenly entered your room and woke you up in the middle of the night. "Why Mama?" You asked like an innocent kid. "Please let's talk inside my office" Isabella said with her stern voice.

You knew you are doomed by that time, but suddenly she offered two different things you can't turn down.
━━━━━━━━━━━

"Oi Idiot, We should go back to our work" Ray said as you nodded in response snapping back from the reality.

As the Night came, You knew they would have known it by this exact time they're returning from the house. And there, you heard the door creak and immediately stood up.

"Let's go?" Ray asked as you nodded and held his arm. "How did it go?" Ray asked as you removed your grip from his arm.

Norman suddenly made a foul face with a disappointed and disgusted sight he just saw earlier along with Emma. "we didn't make it" Norman said as he avoided eye contact with you.

After informing the both of you, you walked towards Norman's figure and ruffled his hair once again. "Why didn't you make it?" You asked and smiled to him like you didn't know what is happening.

Norman closed his eyes and let his head hung low as he drifted from your figure like a sad kid who lost from his favorite game. And there, he headed upstairs with Emma who's looking pale.

You followed them with your light-weighted footsteps and controlled your breathing as you moved closer to the door and started eavesdropping on Norman and Emma's conversation.

"It's okay, Let's run away...together"

You smiled on Norman's quote and clicked your tongue as you realized it is time.

c r e a k

The door made a creaking noise as you entered the office. "Took you long enough to bring yourself here" Mama said and made you sit on a comfortable chair.