13: SPOKEN GOALS

SO THIS IS WONDERLAND
where nothing as it seems.

With the guns firing, you tested your skills as you held different guns. They were all bullseye, causing your comrades to be amused despite of their serious conversation.

"Did you find what's good for Emma?" They asked as Emma held the gun, "I think I can handle these two" she answered with her smile as that smile disappeared when they started talking about Archduke Lewis. As the conversation went on, they suddenly remembered your existence.

"Hey y/n, what's your next move after shutting this hunting ground down? You're coming with us right?" Sonia asked as you just shook your head with your hands gripping the guns tight. "And let's not talk about it, I want to think about it deeper" you mentioned making them change the topic in a rushing way.

"I'll choose this two" you mentioned as you held the guns, "I wonder how you're so great when handling guns!" Pepe cheered and checked the gun you chose. "I was trained to handle these kinds of things" you murmured and glanced on Emma who's smiling over you.

"Emma? Do you want to take a stroll...alone?" You offered and walked towards her as everyone decided to do their own jobs, "sure it's been a while since I talked to you" she mumbled and walked with you happily.

As you two took a stroll leaving the others, the wind blew harshly all of a sudden and shivered a little. "You became thinner, where were you?" She asked worriedly. "I was... Let's just say I was transferred again" you explained and chuckled finding it hard to explain everything to Emma.

"Transferred? Does that mean you have another new siblings?" She asked and smiled, "no, I'm the only kid there...all of them are adults" as she heard your response, you knew she was curious about it.

"Y/n, what is your plan? You're coming with us right? Don't tell me you're just going to take a stroll all around who doesn't have an idea where to go" she asked trying to engage a chat with you. "Please tell me" she muttered as she stared into your orbs, you knew that she has an idea you've been hiding something from them.

"My next goal is..."

Should I tell her? No never. You thought but then, your lips suddenly agape along with your answer. "My next goal is to kill myself" you answered making Emma furious.

"Why?"

"Ah, I shouldn't have told that, how's our siblings? Where are they?" You asked and changed the topic. "Y/n, answer my question because I'm the one who asked you first!" She exclaimed making you alert as well.

"Please don't kill yourself, I'm begging you. I don't want you to shoulder everything just like Norman did! I don't want you to lose either!" She claimed as her eyes brimmed tears, and there; your eyes widened. Norman? What happened?

"Norman? What happened to him?" You asked and all you could hear are her sobs. "Answer me Emma!" You said as you clutched her collar pulling her tight, "I-I'm sorry... I couldn't save Norman... Please y/n I don't know what to do anymore if I lose you too" she murmured like a helpless puppy.

"I don't have an idea how bad you suffered, I don't have an idea how lonely you faced all of them... We're not there when you needed us the most... I'm sorry, were family let's share your pain" she mumbled and held your hand who's still clutching her collar.

And there, you let go as tears overflowed from your cheeks. "You don't know anything! Don't speak like you kn─! " Before you could answer her, she yelled, "Then tell me everything!" while you were left with your heart clenching.

"I am not able to escape with the little ones, but I'll get them once everything turned out to be okay. Please don't shoulder everything, you're not a God neither a perfect human! We're family, And family always shares everything" she mumbled and pulled you close to her. As you let yourself cry on her shoulders, the warmth she's giving... Is the warmth you've been missing the whole time.

"Promise me y/n" she uttered as Emma patted your shoulder. "Promise you what?" You asked alongside with your low giggle trying to cheer everything up. "Promise me you're not going to take suicide and you're coming with us" she offered with her fierce eyes boring into your soul.

"Alright, let's return everyone's waiting" you said trying to dodge her request. "Promise me y/n" Emma murmured one more time as you sighed in response. "Alright, I promise...and I'm sorry too" you promised as she walked beside you with her hands wrapped around your arms as she wore her endearing smile.

"And there you are, taking all the blame again!" She whined as you flicked her forehead in response with your giggles making the atmosphere light.

• • •「◆」• • •

As you and the others went on the Capital, Oliver suddenly reached out for you. "Hey, Lucas called for you. He said he wanted to talk" he uttered as he held your hand leading the way towards their so-called leader.

"Hello, I assume you're y/n?" Lucas asked as he saw you enter his room. "You may leave us, Oliver" he remarked as Oliver nodded, "have a nice chat" he whispered before completely pushing you inside Lucas's office. "Take a seat" he remarked and there, the interrogation begins.

"I wanted to know you better, because you are the closest person to Oliver and Emma" he mumbled with his soft smile, please don't do that smile. "I'm sorry, I don't know about them that much anymore, since I was separated by them because of the shipments I went through" you answered as he nodded.

"Alright, tell me are you an escapee?" He asked as your hands began to clench. "I...I am an escapee" you answered with your monotone voice, yet inside you were hesitating. Not even that long, the music started playing out loud. "Already?" You asked as you glanced on Lucas who's alarmed as well.

"I should go now" you mumbled and left as he lets you go knowing you and the others must go to their positions and groups. As you ran heading to your hiding spot, something started ringing and soon it spoke.

"11546, we knew you are alive. What's your status?"

"11546"

"11546, one more time we won't get any answer... We already found a hint where your family lives"

And there, you clicked your tongue. "I'm currently inside the Goldy Pond Station, and... Status: clear" you answered and gripped your gun as the voice disappeared. You brought your head down low and smiled,

"Sometimes Emma, making a promise doesn't mean I'll be fulfilling it." You said before you slightly pulled the trigger.