06 : NUMB

BE CAREFUL
on what you believe

"Where am I?" You asked as he entered your room, "Oh, yeah right, You're in a training grounds for soldiers. More like armies" Peter claimed and chuckled, So I am inside a farm as well? ─ you thought and glared on him.

"Well, you're clever enough, though I want to enhance that physical skills of yours" Peter said and explained how does this farm or this training grounds worked.

"You're the only farm child who's given chance to train here, I hope you could give the best of yours" Peter said and invited you to go outside. You stepped beside him as he gave you a coat in exchange, you started walking somewhere still following his trail.

b a n g !

You flinched as you heard a shot of a gun. "This is the training grounds, you'll learn to use guns, flash bombs, smoke bombs and use hand-in-hand combat." Peter said as you were left with your widened eyes.

"You seem interested, isn't great?" Peter asked as you nodded, No. It will never be great nor better, your eyes widened not because you are astounded, but because you are terrified of what you seen.

A human killing a human, Peter explained saying 'it is an exam for them, don't worry you're not going to do that yet' it made you afraid of the feeling you are going to murder someone soon if you're not going to escape from this place.

"You should go there and study the basics" Peter said and left you on your position, a girl suddenly approached you and smiled, "Let's get started?" She asked and started teaching you the basics in combats.

As the night came, you realized you are all alone. No Emma, No Ray, No Norman. You sighed and flopped on the bed as you clutched on your pillow, you started sobbing and between your sobs, you said "Emma? Ray? Norman? Did y'all guys escaped by now?" You asked and cried.

"I miss you guys, it's just a day, but I already missed y'all" You stated and cried in pain and terrified. "It's so so lonely here, please save me, help me escape" You mentioned and fell asleep.

From that day, you've been having a training day by day. You met the other seniors who have a nice skills and no conscience when killing.

"Don't worry, My friend won't die in vain, He'll be eaten by demons and I'm sure the demons will be happy on how his muscles taste" the guy claimed right after killing his own friend.

"That's why y/n, if you'll ever face me, I will make you die happily" He uttered and chuckled with everyone surrounding you, "Idiots! Don't say that in front of her, she's still a beginner" She murmured trying to defend you.

─────

"The only child trained here? Isn't lucky for you?" That's what your seniors would always say to you. From each days, you've been taught how to fight, survive and kill.

"Woah! You've moved a rank in just a week! You're hella cool" The group said as they checked your ranking, "maybe after two or three months, you'll enter the second finals" The seniors said and patted your head.

"Congratulations kid" they said and offered you a cup of juice. Though, no matter how many times you witnessed killings in front of your eyes, the scared feeling won't get away.

No matter how your seniors show care for you, in the end, if they'll fight you they will choose their own victory. No matter how happy your life is, you always wanted to escape.

You tried escaping every two weeks in the middle of the night, but in the end, you'll just be asked by someone, "Want some cookie? Why aren't asleep yet?" There's always someone interfering your motives.

Until, one day, you stopped escaping and gotten used in this life, Kill to survive and die if you're weak.

And in each day, there's an exam, soon, the second finals came. Where you will face someone and kill them, it made you traumatized from the fact. The girl who guided you from the start is the girl you'll face until death.

"Fight me, no holding back, this is for my future" The girl said and started attacking you with the knife whilst you noticed her gun beside her.

You couldn't do anything, you have to kill her for your own sake. You started attacking her as well as using the combats you've learned from your seniors whom are fightning stronger than you such as demons.

There, you took the gun from her in an instant as she left an open space. You pointed the gun on her and pulled the trigger, it's your first time killing a human not an animal, demon or anything.

"I lost." She claimed and smiled, "Shoot y/n, three times" She remarked not commanding you, but she's requesting it. "End my life" She marked and there, you screamed with your tears overflowing from your cheek and sobbed.

b a n g !
─ b a n g !
─ b a n g !

"Hatsumi!" You claimed and cried as you dropped your gun. You tried to reach her figure but suddenly, "11546 has won the match, she may advance into the last match, the pond." The announcer said and opened the doors.

"Please leave immediately, the loser will be eaten" the announcer said and pulled you out of the fightning grounds with its high technology hand.

You tried to approach her and apologize for what you've done, but the system threw you out as you stood there watching the demons came out from the huge window. You knew she's still breathing, you shot her belly instead directing it to her heart.

Screams of horror can be heard as you watched Hatsumi crawled away from the demons who's just laughing and watching her suffer in pain. "Bon appetit" The demon said and laughed as it gripped Hatsumi tighter and crushed her bones.

It chew her out with such a humming tone and ended up saying, "Sweet" you fell on your knees and cried. "I'm sorry Hatsumi" You claimed and sobbed knowing it must have been painful.

Seeing your friend being chewed by the pursuers must have been the worst nightmare you could ever experience, This is your life, if you won't become numb and gotten used from this living. You'll lose your mind.

And there, you entered your room and laid on the bed like the usual, "I'm numb, I don't want any of them anymore" you said and giggled, "Emma, Ray, Norman, Hope y'all guys alright because I'm currently living in hell" You uttered and closed your eyes falling asleep.