27: TICKING LIFE

YOU DON'T EVEN
know the whole story yet...

“I must leave as soon as possible,” you claimed and brought a bag filled with temporary supplies that'll be might useful in near future, “did you already send Emma and the others a message about this?” you added and sighed hearing Norman's plead about you staying since he knows that they can manage to bring themselves here.

“Let us all be rational (y/n), Emma and Ray are a nice leaders to reach this place without any further troubles─ not so big troubles that may risk their lives. There is no need for you to go back,” He mumbled whilst you reprimanded back and held the strap of your bag carrying it.

“then, I should call myself irrational this time. I can't let them there all suffer while I'm here chilling? No.” you declined and chuckled seeing Norman's gaze. “Alright, go there and I'll soon send a backup, however I think we should pretend that we hadn't met each other here to avoid any confusion or attention” he finally gave in knowing he also knows it may turn difficult for your siblings.

“That's better, I have to go now, goodbye and see you soon” you said one last time beforehand leaving Norman's and his groups watch and there Vincent stopped you with his two questions, “(y/n), I don't mean to interrupt you leaving but where is the radio?” he asked as if he's suspecting you.

“I crushed it,”

“why do you have a watch just like the other caretakers in farms? It's silver instead of bronze.” Vincent described and showed the timer he's saying.

“I stole it from the military,” you uttered and request to bring it back, he hesitantly followed your request yet his glanced to your figure; it looks like he brought a huge wall between you and Vincent, himself.

“I thought you had it back when you're an infant?” Norman asked glaring at you and the same goes for everyone─ instead of being scared you laughed as if there's something funny. “Exactly, I had it when I'm a baby and got stolen after I got shipped last year! Meaning I robbed it from the one who stole it from me too! I just got what's supposed to be mine” you explained and wave your hands off turning around as you clicked your tongue.

“Boss, I'm sorry but do you think we could trust her? It's not like I'm doubting you?” Vincent asked as Norman remained quiet, “she changed a lot. A lot.” he claimed heading inside the base altogether with Barbara, Cislo and the others to start the mission gathering everyone in cage.

─── [ I ONLY TOOK
WHAT'S MINE. ] ────

The leaves crumpled into pieces shooting the owl who's been following you around, “you're making me irritated” you said checking the owl sighing. “Who would have thought I'll stumble with this electronic owl again, probably Peter is still watching me” you mumbled checking the ground. If you didn't know any shortcuts towards Norman's base to your base maybe you're too late, but you knew this may have come; being prepared is better than dying in surprise.

You slowly started walking to the ground hearing loud groans and yells, “WHERE ARE THOSE KIDS!” He yelled creepily laughing maniacally, gritting your teeth, you hid the gun and raised your hands. “You couldn't wait for me don't you?” you exclaimed chuckling at his face, “Captain looks disgusting” you teased glaring at him.

“you don't have any right to tease me, I killed your two adult subordinates” he said chuckling in evil way yet you rolled your eyes pointing the gun at him. “Nothing new, tell me everything you know, considering that burnt face, maybe an hour or two, you're still alive” you said as he kept being insane.

“What will I gain? I can easily kill you, out my way!” he exclaimed as you chuckled. “other way around, zombie. Follow my lead and I'll show where Emma and the others are” you murmured walking behind him as he raised his hand on both sides gulping whilst you stayed pointing the gun at his head,

“chill and calm that brain of yours down, you'll reach them.” you assured as he glanced at you seeing how your pupils are both small with those cold eyes and that hard hand holding the gun hardly pointing straight at the right side of his head. “You are just like your Mother Anastasia, running away like cowards bringing your own baggages,” he claimed seeing you press the gun harder.

“Shut up,” you mumbled bringing the gun down, you knew your Captain's moves; maybe you could outdo the doer after all. “It seems like you've returned from your senses? Your split personality just keeps going and going. The last time you're so mad at me and now here you are leading me to your siblings, you are somehow insanely half faced person” he giggled slowly loosing his mind.

“I don't have split personality” you claimed sending daggers with your deadly stare. “Yes you do, Anastasia couldn't believe that one of her twins is mentally ill even Sir Ratri” he added as you clicked your tongue and feel like he was about to say something. “see? How you point the gun softens, you're currently mentally ill” he said and continued walking.

“are you calling me crazy? If you do once again, I'll shoot your head” you threatened and stopped for a while resting at the tree. “I am done with this, shut it and do everything” you said and closed your eyes.

“we all knew that the Goldy pond is not the test, the people inside it. Ratri thought I'm dumb enough to not know that did he? That's why he gave me a warning by pretending assassinating me. Do my task and let me pass,” you remarked as your Captain chuckled leaving you all alone. Just as he left, you sighed and stared at the silver watch, “20 seconds left” you uttered coldly and sharpened the knife staring at it you touched the tip of it carefully not grazing your thumb, “. . . I'm a Ratri?”

A scream was heard after that.
“Time is up.”