19: ACQUAINTANCE

YOU'RE BETTER OFF
just picking up fights instead.

WALKING THROUGH THE WOODS, with your three comrades heading deeper and deeper you started noticing this isn't the way to the base. You stopped as they did with their bodies turning around, "this is enough" she claimed and aimed the gun on you who's calm and collected seems like you just knew everything.

"I'm sorry but Ratri demanded us to eliminate you" She muttered while the two guys did the same. You raised your hands as you laid your gun on the ground, "ah thanks, I was about to shoot you all earlier but it's just way too brutal" You claimed and chuckled making them flinch. "We gave you a chance, lots of chance," the guy from the left remarked as you just shrugged your arms; a field of trees surrounding your atmosphere as the silence joined in, the tension among the four of you has gotten stronger.

"You know what, We're right" The guy from the other side stated as he threw his gun towards you. "We knew you could defeat him, Ratri. You really have a talent, please eliminate him for us" She murmured and gave a scalpel pointing it on you as she slowly approached you giving it gently. "Your last tracker is on the back of your neck, could you please do a favor for us in exchange?" She asked as you just widened your  eyes in surprise. She slowly went on your back as you took a step away from her, and there you felt a sharp pain on your nape.

"Sorry if it hurts" she claimed and gave you the scalpel. "What is the exchange for this?" You asked with your death glare sending shivers down to their spines. You walked towards them as you held the scalpel directing it to the right guy who seem calm and ready to die just like he already knew this would happen. "Let us kill ourselves, and see the outside world for us" The man said with his grin as you wore a smug face. "Very well then, I'll let you all. But dig your own graves first?" You asked as they looked into each other's faces bursting from laughing,

"we already did that a long time ago. This is the end, I know you'll be asking a lot of questions but let us tell you that we tried removing these devices inside us but it's no use." She claimed and patted your head pushing you away from them, "You'll be seeing the outside world right?" She asked as you stepped in handling her the scalpel, "indeed I am, though I would like all of you to survive" you murmured however they shook their heads in response as the winds gotten colder. "If Ratri knew about our betrayal we will be killed, if we're going to escape we will be tracked as well" He murmured as you nodded.

"Then Rest in peace" You said and traced the scalpel on their necks slitting their throat with such guilt as you brought their bodies on the grave they have dug on their own. You covered them and buried underground as you brought flowers with you, making your hands in intact you closed your eyes and prayed for their souls.

As you started heading your way back to Emma's base glad that you still remembered where it is located. The whole forest was just covered with the rustling leaves and silence as you passed the way leaving you suspicious since this part of the woods must have a lot of demons to hunt. "Why did you let them die?" A girl asked you as she showed herself, "ah I knew it, who are you?" You asked with your delighted smile as you turned around facing her.

A curly brown hair with pink stripes  wearing a black tank top covered by her red jacket and a denim hugging her thighs, she seems like a strong person. "I must ask you why did you killed them?" She asked and all you did is sigh, "I asked you too, Who are you?" You remarked and started walking ignoring her bickering who kept insisting why did you killed them. "Because that is their wish" you answered and held the scalpel closer to her, "do you want to be the next one? If you do introduce yourself I might change my mind"

She removed the scalpel from her neck as she moved closer to you, "Barbara, what are you doing in this place? You must be an escapee" She remarked whilst your face showed a smug face and chuckled, "All right Barbara, what do you need from me?" You asked as she sat on the ground enjoying her meat. "I saw you talking with them, and you followed their wishes. Is that how humans work? Us humans can do our own decisions" she uttered as you just stared on the scalpel you used to kill them yet they used it to save you.

It was true, the guilt remained in your heart as it kept aching while you tried to hide it. It was somehow hard for you since they're still your superiors, you sat beside her taking few deep breaths and rest. "they didn't forced me nor pressured me. I wanted to kill them and let them have their end painless" You defended and started walking once again gaining a speed in each step you're making to escape from this girl, Barbara.

But then you noticed her strength and immediately tried to dodge it because she just threw a whole log towards you. "Do you know that leaving someone is rude!" She exclaimed. You stopped running all of a sudden and smirked, "Judging from your reflexes, you're from Lambda?" You asked as she flinched with her smirk. On your back you felt something and saw a demon immediately stepping away and attacking again with the piece of sharp log directing it to its eye,

"Then you still have brains left, where are you from? Who are you?" She asked with her arms crossed leaning on a tree trunk still amused on what you did "I am from a military of Ratri," you answered and removed yourself from the demon. "You can come with me! Boss will be astonished to see you" she cheered as you shook your head in a declining manner. "Why not? And who are you?"

"I still have someone to protect, that is why I need to go now. I had fun having an acquaintance like you, see you again" you answered and ran away from her as she tried to catch up, she just smirked and yelled, "See you then!" She exclaimed as you ignored how she leaves her farewell.

***

Within a day, you reached the base without any sleep in order for you to return earlier. You slowly twisted the gate and entered the base and there, Yuugo and Lucas welcomed you. "I successfully removed the last one," you cheered receiving a smack from your head by Yuugo. "Did I told you to come back alive idiot!" He yelled as you laughed with them, "We're glad you're back. Everyone is really worried for you" Lucas mentioned as you rubbed your nape.