Boba

"Yeah that sounds nice." He smiles. We walk out of the museum. I take a deep breath.

    "Free at last. Now I can finally ask you..." I trial off, turning my face away to hide my smile.

     "Ask me what?" He looks to me.

    "Have you ever considered.... being a chiropractor?" I ask him giggling.

     "What?" He asks me. I burst out into laughter.

     "Cuz the way your back cracked in there was insane. I bet if you could do that for someone else, you could make bank." I say between laughs. He rolls his eyes and lightly pushes me.

     "Oh shut up, in that case you should consider being a barista, because the way you laugh resembles a tea kettle." He chuckles.

     "Oh IM the one who sounds like a tea kettle??? You're delirious."

We walk down the street and enter the boba shop. "Should I grab a table?" he asks.

    "Nah I've got somewhere I'm taking you." I say walking with him toward the line.

     "Y/N with the secret spots. I've learned my lesson, and I'll trust you this time." He says giving me a skeptical look.

      We get to the front of the line. "One jasmine milk tea, iced, with tapioca pearls please." I smile at the barista. Clay looks at me approving.

     "Oh your so right. Make that two of those." He chimes in.

     "Coming right up." The barista says, I pull my card out to pay and clay nudges me to the side and swiftly puts his card into the machine. I make an angry face at him.

     "Come on, you planned this and drove. This is literally the least I can do." I roll my eyes and him and we wait for our drinks. Once they're done we grab them and walk out of the store.

     "Lead the way." He smiles at me. I take his hand and lead him up the street till we end up at a basket ball court. We set our boba on the bleachers by the entrance ."Ooh, so you're trying to get absolutely demolished in a little one on one?" He cackles at his own joke. I take both of this hands in mine and walk around him till he's facing the opposite side of the court. His eyes locked on me, analyzing every detail of my face.

     "Wow." He says. "The street lights are hitting you perfectly right now." A small blush spreads across his checks, while mine are already on fire. There's a tense silence, a good tension, but I finally break it. I turn my head to look behind me.

     "You're supposed to be looking at that." I playfully push his head to break the gaze we were trapped in. The blush fades from his cheeks and his eyes light up his breath visibly hitching.

     "Wow." He repeats from before, shock now lacing his voice. He lets go of one of my hands and drags me to the fence that separates us from a drop off and the view of the city. One hand still locked in mine and the other tangling itself in the chain link.

     "You like?" I ask looking at the reflection of a thousand tiny light in his eyes.

     "Like?" He says, eyes finally peeling themselves from the landscape. He takes both hands and cups my face. "I love it. I mean you see the Seattle skyline in photos and on bumper stickers a million times, but this? Just wow. I don't think a photo could do this justice." So true, I think to myself.

     We stay staring into each other's eyes with his hands still cupped to my face. I slowly bring my hands up and lay them on his chest. I'm not sure who moves in first, but I can now feel his breath on my lips, sending shivers down my spine and tingles up my limbs. He shifts his line of sight down to my lips. "Can I-"

     I close the gap between us. The kiss -gentle and sweet- lasts for just a second before we both pull back. "Wow." He says, the lights in his eyes and the blush on his cheeks now happening simultaneously.

     "Is that your mantra for tonight?" I ask giggling.

     "No. I just don't think any words could do this feeling justice. So I stick with wow." He chuckles and rubs the back of his neck. The sheepish look on his face is driving me insane, it's a nice scenery change compared to the cocky smirk he wears so often. I take two handfuls of the shirt my hands rest upon and crash my lips into his. He moves his hands and holds my waist in a way that sets the skin there ablaze. I find my hand traveling from his chest to the back of his neck, slowly making their way to tangle in his hair. He wraps his arms all the way around me, one finding my hip and the other laying flat on my shoulder blade. I pull his hair lightly, resulting in an almost inaudible groan. I used this chance to slip some tongue into the kiss, while we pull each other as close in as possible.

     Then my phone rings. Startled we both pull back from the kiss. Eyes still locked on each other. He breaths in and says. "Wow," this time I jumped in to say it with him. "Shut up." He pushed me and I giggle. I look down at my phone and see it's my mom calling.

     "Hello?" I answer.

     "What time are you and clay going to be home?" She asks me. I manhandle Clay's wrist to look at his watch.

     "Oh shoot, it's getting late. We'll head back now." I say.

     "See you then." She says and hangs up.

     "Gotta head back?" He asks me.

     "Sadly." I slide my phone into my pocket.

     "Don't be so sad, you taking me home with you." He wiggles his eye brows. I lightly smack the side of his head.

     "Freak." I grab his hand and we begin the walk all the way back to my car.