Set up

Y/N POV

     I wake up on the couch, sweating. I feel disgusting as I reach for my phone on its charger. 7a.m. Gross. I'm too sweaty to go back to sleep so I guess I'm gonna get up now. I go to the bathroom and take a cold shower too cool me down, it is deceivingly hot for Seattle. The shower is quick but I feel much better after it. I wrap the towel around my body and realized that I needed to grab clothes to change into.

I go up to my room and quietly knock, there's no response. I really need clothes to change into, so I slowly open my door and walk in. There's Clay absolutely conked out laying sideways hanging off my bed. I giggle and open my closet to grab a tank top and shorts. Then I hear a loud ringing and buzzing behind me. Clay rolls over to grab his phone as I'm frozen where I'm standing.

"Hey," I hear a deep sleepy voice say from behind me, he sounds hot. Wait is that creepy of me to think? It- it's fine.

"Hello" I slowly turn around now realizing I'm just in a towel. "Sorry I was just grabbing some clothes to change into." I turn to leave the room.

"Your good, did you sleep well?" He asks me.

"It was really hot, but I got some sleep in." I speak as I turn back to face him again. "And you?"

"Me...what?" He rubs his eyes and sits up confused.

"Did you sleep well?" I clarify.

"Oh yeah, I laid down last night and was out till you came in here" his voice is still deep and sleepy. His phone buzzes and rings again.

"That's good...well I'm gonna go get dressed now." I start walking away for the final time. I hear him answer his phone

"Okay I'll see you later." He says to me and I wave. "No not you sapnap, I was talking to y/n." I'm out of the room and the door is closed but I can still hear his call. I contemplate listening in for a moment and decide against it. That is until I hear Clay put his friend on speaker.

"Oooh, spending the morning with y/n, huh?" His friend teases

"She just came in to grab something." Clay clarifies.

"Well still, hows that been?" Sapnap asks

"How's what been?" Clay laughs at sapnap's teasing nature.

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean." Is all that Clay gives as a response.

"I mean, has anything happened since the other night?" The other night? Did Clay tell his friends about that? I mean I guess I'm gonna tell Nadia as soon as I see her, but I'm not sure what that means for him.

"Listen that was just platonic, okay? She hugs and cuddles all her friends like that. I'm sure it didn't mean anything to her." Clay responds to him.

"Did it mean anything to you?" My heart stops for a second, waiting for his response. The question hangs in the air for a moment.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about MCC." Clay changes the subject.

"Oh right, I'm pumped we've got George. The dream team plus Karl." I can hear sapnap starting to get excited.

"About that... I forgot my PC. So I don't think I can play." Clay sounds disappointed.

"Are you kidding me? It's the first time we're all on the same team and you can't come? That bullshit." Sapnap is raising his voice.

"I'm sorry, my mom maybe had the right idea when she told me not to pack like an hour before we left." I'm trying to think of a reason to go in there to tell him he can use my PC for his game. I look down at the pile of clothes in my hands and realize I forgot a bra, perfect. I knock and walk in,

"Dude you suck, like you actually suck so much right now" I hear come from the phone

"Oh yeah Clay, you are the worst." I laugh. "And why's that?" I ask pretending to have not heard the whole conversation. Clay begins to speak but is cut of by Sapnap

"This idiot forgot his PC, you know, the source of his income, at home for the summer." I pretend to think for a second

"Why didn't you say anything, you can just use my setup this summer." I respond.

"Really? That would be a lifesaver, like Sapnap would've actually killed me. Do you use your PC for gaming? If not, could I install some stuff?"

"Well gaming is a strong term, I play like two games, so you can install whatever you need."

"What games do you play?" Clay asks me.

"I play Minecraft and the Fallout games." I respond

"Perfect, I just need Minecraft." I stand there for a moment "what brings you back round these parts" He says in a phony southern accent. I laugh at the cringe.

"I forgot to grab my bra" I grab one from my closet. As I leave I hear Sapnap go off.

"HER BRA? SHE FORGOT HER BRA WITH YOU DREAM? YOU WERE LYING TO ME. JUST FRIENDS MY ASS. CLAYTON YOU BETTER TELL ME WHATS GOING ON RIGHT NOW." I hear Clay laugh as I walk down the hallway to get changed.

Finally dressed and walk downstairs to make breakfast. "Hey y/n..." I hear a timid voice from the stairway.

     "What's up, Clay?" I ask him as he continues down the stairs.

     "So I went to open up Minecraft... and I accidentally exited out of your MakeCode... and I don't think it saved. I'm sorry I didn't even know you coded so I didn't think anything of it until I closed the page. I'm so so so sorry." I was thinking about what I had opened that I was working on. It was something I was doing with Nadia but it wasn't that important.

     "It's okay, hopefully it automatically saved. Also how did you not know I coded? You literally met me while I was working with a robot, that kinda requires coding." I laugh

     "Sorry again, what were you working on?" He asks me.

     "Oh I was working on this thing to scramble the controls for Minecraft. So that every time you die, your controls are randomized again. That way you'd have to relearn everything and deal with having your keys moved around super far from each other." He stares blankly at me, clearly confused. "It's one of those things that makes sense when you see it." 

     "Then show me?"