Black Berry Picking

I really like Clay...as more than a friend.

Im sitting here with Clay's arm around me while watching the sun disappear behind the horizon. He lays down and pats the ground next to him for me to lay next to him. We hold each other looking at the stars and I hear his heart racing while my head lays on his chest. What does any of this make us? The stars start to disappear while clouds roll in.

"We should probably head back soon, I don't want our parents worrying too much." I turned to him

"I guess you're right." As he says that rain starts pouring down on us.

"Just our luck I guess." I laugh as we stand up.

"Here, you should put this on. I don't want you to get sick" he holds out the green hoodie he grabbed before we left. The rain feels extra cold on my burning face.

"Thank you Clay. You're really sweet." I put the sweatshirt on, and we started walking in the rain together. After a few minutes of comfortable silence we reach my front door. We walk in soaking wet and go straight to my room to change. I grab some dry clothes and turn to leave for the bathroom. I see my laptop had been open to me and Nadia's DMs. Clay doesn't know my password so that means it probably was open when he was settling in here. I actually wanna curl up and die in a hole forever if he saw me telling Nadia I though he was hot. I run and shut the computer and then turn around once more to leave.

"I'll throw our stuff in the wash once your done changing-" I look at him and he's already taken off his shirt. My face is probably the hottest it's felt all night. I look over his toned body...I'm at a loss for words.

"You like what you see?" He chuckles. I'm snapped out of my thoughts and realize I'm staring.

"Ah! I'm sorry." I cover my face and we both start laughing. "I'm gonna go change now" I walked out of the room, still burning up and changed out of my wet clothes into dry ones. I knock on my bedroom door and he opens it

      "Here you go."He hands me the wet clothes and walks back to the bed.

"I'm gonna head to bed now, do you need anything?" I ask him.

"Nope, I'm all good" he gives a smile and walk downstairs to set up on the couch. Ive got a few blankets and pillows, and I'm happy that it's not to hot to get all cozy on the couch. I turn on a cartoon and start to drift off to sleep.

     I was in a deep sleep until I was awoken by something hollow hitting my head. "What the hell?" I mumble as I feel around for whatever hit me. Everything is blurry from just waking up and I finally get my eyes to focus on the bucket on the floor next to me.

     "We're going to pick black berries!" Clay says cheerfully. I can barely open my eyes, but his smile is big enough that I can see even with my eyes half close d.

     "What time is it?" I groan.

     "Time to go pick black berries!" I roll away from him and adjust my blankets to go back to sleep. I begin to drift off when something else hits me.

     "Clay I swear if that's another bucket you're never getting these back." I say not even moving after being hit by another bucket. Clay walks towards me and I'm suddenly blinded by the sunshine. "Clay. Please let me sleep"

     "No it's literally noon. It's time to pick berries." I stand up and walk to my room to get everything I need for the day. After I wash my face I'm feeling much more awake. I put on some baggy overalls and a light pink and blue stripped polo underneath. I walk downstairs to see Clay waiting with two buckets in his hands.

     "All ready?" I ask him. He nods and we start walking towards the pond we went to yesterday. After we pass the pond we start on a trail that is lined with blackberry bushes and we begin to pick. Most of the conversation is small talk, but it's comfortable small talk. After we fill our buckets we go home to soak them and leave again to pick some more.

    That cycle continues until the sun begins to set. We're filling our last buckets and I stop for a moment to look at the horizon. "Clay look!" I point to the sun setting

     "Wow, it's beautiful." We both smile and my mind wanders back to last night. Us cuddling under the stars, him giving me his jacket, and how awkward it was to see him with out his shirt off. I keep thinking back on everything we talked about and one thing remains front and center in my mind. Why did he care so much about what my "type" is.

     "We should get going." I say as the sun is almost completely gone. We start walking back home together and I keep think about what he wanted me to say when he asked about my type. I wonder what his type is.

     "Hey Clay..." look to him

     "What's up?" He smiles at me.

     "I told you what type of guy I like. What's your type?" He goes silent for a moment.
you
     "You're right. This is a hard question to answer... I guess if I had to say, I like girls who are smart in a tech way. I'd want a girl who I can play video games with because that's like my whole career. Most of all I just want someone who likes me for me, and doesn't put me on some sort of pedestal." We're going to ignore the fact that I can check those boxes, because I'm not looking for a summer heart break. I have to ingore these feelings if I'm gonna survive living with him but it doesn't help that he's so attractive and kind and-

     "Earth to Y/N" he waves his hand in front of my face

      "Sorry what?" I'm back into the conversation.

     "I said 'why do you ask?'" He stares at me.

     "Oh I'm just curious, it's only fair you answer too." I laugh as we approach my house. After we walk in I go to set my bucket down in the kitchen.

     "We're gonna make so much jam." My mother enthused.

     "Do not forget the pie." Clay's mom chimes in.

     "Do not forget the ones we'll be eating raw." Clay adds. I grab a handful of berries that have been soaked and dried.

     "I'm exhausted." Clay yawns out.

     "Okay let me get my stuff for bed out of my room and I'll let you get to sleep.

A/N
I hope you're enjoying the story so far. I cannot believe how many views this has been getting and I thank you all so much!!! A lil self promo... If you're a fan of sapnap I recently started a dark academia themed sapnapxreader where you go to an Ivy League college and join a magical secret society. In it, Nick teaches you everything you need to know about magic and the secret society. It's got a bit of a enemies to lovers plot line so if you enjoy that kind of thing, then you should check out "The Ivy Skull"