Robots Can Bring Anyone Together

A/N
Most of the dramatics in this chapter from the team is supposed to in a joking/satirical way. Just clarifying in case I didn't get that point across.

Y/N POV

I wake up to my alarm going off and look at the label on it. "Don't forget to grab the robot" I remember I brought home the robot to attach a big crown to the top of it. It was sitting on my dinning room table ready for the big battle today. It had one side with a ramp to scrape up other robots and the other sides were for offensive plays. Theres Two sides that are across from each other with a ram for pushing, one with a scooper on it. I hop in the shower before I get ready for the day. I put on a pair of black corduroys and a pastel green crop top. I pack my backpack, throw on my black boots and grab the robot. I load my stuff into my car and go to pick up Nadia.

Nadia gets in my car "what's poppin?" she asks me

"My adrenaline is already pumping." I say chewing my nail.

"Ah yes, today's the big day. Are ready to demolish team gamers?"

"Haha, yeah. Go Royals!" I shout, and we both giggle. the school day flies by and I finally get to my fifth period. I check in with Mr.Darnell and run out to my car and grab the sumo bot. we have a bracket competition, The "Gamers" and the "Royals" are the final two. Howard's robot was a big pyramid. The edges went almost all the way down to the ground. We set our robots into the ring drawn on the floor. I shake Howard's hand and step back. We both press start, The ram side of our robot goes straight for their robot, ours drives up onto the pyramid and right out of the ring.

"Damn it!" My whole team groans.

"YES! TAKE THAT!!!" Jake yells and then high fives his teammates. I walk up to Howard.

"Good game." and extend my hand to him. One of his teammates shouts a very childish,
"It would have been if your robot didn't suck" Howard smacks the back of his head. He accepts my hand and says

"The real game is tonight, may the best man- uh, or woman win." I was really surprised that he was being so mature. I grab out robot and check for damages, all good. The sixth period end bell rang and my whole team (plus Nadia) squish into my Honda Civic. We start our journey to my house.

Once we arrive we take off the sensors and and sync the robot to my old Xbox controller. Chris pulls four plastic gold crowns out of his bag. They all have the King of Clubs painted on the front

"dude these are sick!" Thomas exclaimed while putting a crown on. Chris puts one on his own head, then handed one to Mohamed, and the last one to Nadia. I'm a bit curious why I don't get one. Before I can say anything, he grabs a fifth crown out of this bag and hands it to me, and in place of the King of Clubs he painted the Queen of Hearts.

"For our fearless leader!" I giggle at what he said.

"Thank you Chris, this is seriously so dope." I place the crown in my head and give him a hud. I then begin to get everything we need for our sumo bot arena. Chris draws a chalk circle on the pavement. Thomas and Nadia Set up two folding tables on either side of the circle, and I begin to set up our computer and controls on our table. Mohamed got extension chords set up so we could plug our laptops in. Everything is ready and I run inside to grab a two liter bottle of grape soda, a favorite of everyone but Nadia, a can of root beer for her and some cups for us all. I walk out and set down everything in my arms.

I see Mohamed also set some chairs up around the circle in front of the computer tables. we all pour our glasses and sit down enjoying a comfortable silence. It's nice until Thomas stands up. "A toast, to the Royals! A team of individuals that couldn't be more different. Chris, a crazy talented artist who is only here to design shit" we all cheer playfully.
"Mohamed, the quiet quarterback. who was only here because he needed to make up math credits and didn't want to take algebra two again." We all bust out laughing.
"I'm only here because it was the only class i could have with Nadia" Still laughing we nod our heads.
"And Y/N, a girl with pretty average intelligence who inspired us all to take a pass fail assignment far too serious. I mean we could've glued two wheels together and still gotten an A." once again we're wheezing at Thomas.
"but here we are defending our honor" he says triumphantly.
"despite our differences, i think i speak for everyone when i say that we have all been brought together by the most epic thing in the world. Pause for effect... Robots" we all laugh at his theatricality. "Y/N, our great leader. If you would be so kind to say a few words."

"Oh, I didn't prepare a speech" I laugh nervously

"just make it up as you go... Speech! Speech! Speech!" everyone joined in. I stood up on my chair and began to speak.

"Okay, okay. If I must. Today is our last day of silly high school shenanigans...Except you Chris, you're stuck in that hell hole for another year." I see a car pull up in front of my driveway but I decide to finish what I was saying before checking it out. "Today is a glorious day. A day where we will learn from our losses in the battle, and ultimately win the war! The war against the type of people who argue with the teacher when we're all just trying to get through the day-" I was expecting to see Howard or someone walk out from behind the car, but a boy I had never seen before walks out looking around very confused...