Kick some ass out there

Nadia's POV

"I mean have you SEEN her?!?" Jake laughs as he fiddles with his robots controller. I look to Y/N, as she stutters something to herself. I see her eyes fill up with tears, and she runs into the house.

"Why the fuck would you say that, dude?" Howard punches Jake in the arm, not very hard but the effort was certainly there.

"Go up there right now apologize, Jake." Howard then snatched the controller out of his hand and threw it on the table. "I'm sick and tired of you being an asshole to everyone nowadays"

"Well I'm tired of her calling me your bitch, okay?" Jake kicked one of the chairs.

"When has she ever said that to you?" Thomas asked

"It's been implied." Jake rolled his eyes.

"So you're gonna tear down a young girls self esteem because... she might have been mean to you?" Thomas spoke.

"It's clear that Jake is just upset because he's got a little crush on Howard, and Howard's is clearly into Y/N... nonetheless you need to go apologize for your sad desperate behavior before I beat you to a pulp." I give him a threatening look, but then I see Clay. He looks upset. "Hey, Clay are you-" He gets up and runs inside the same way Y/N ran. Jake was about to run after them both but I pulled him back.

Clay's POV
I can't stop thinking about how upset Y/N looked. She had tears in her eyes. I should go up to her. I hear Nadia begin to speak but before I could process what she was saying my legs were practically moving on their own. I run into the house and up the stairs, but I'm not sure which room is her's. That is until I hear a soft sobbing coming from the door to the left of me. I lift my hand to knock and pause. I hear more muffled cries, that make my heart sink even deeper than before. I knock.

     "Nadia I just need a minute, I'll come down. I just need to gather myself." She says between sniffles.

     "It's actually Clay." I correct her

     "Oh?" She asked, probably wondering why I came up here. I'm wondering that myself, honestly.

     "Could I come in?" She didn't say anything. I was about to ask again, but then the door in front of me cracked open. I wait for a second to walk into her room, and the push the door open. I see her sitting on her bed holding a plush Minecraft bee.

    "Do you wanna talk about it, or do you want a distraction?" I ask trying to cater to whatever she needs right now.

     "A distraction would be good." She looks away from me. I point to the plush bee in her hand.

     "What's his name?" I ask.

     "Who?" She looks at me and tilts her head. I shake my hand that's already pointing at the bee. "Oh, his name is Jake. Named before I meet the piece of work down stairs." Her eyes fill with tears again. I make a disgusted face.

     "That name is gross, I think this little guy needs a name change." I pat the bee on the head.

     "Oh yeah? What should I name him?" She starts to smile.

     "I've always liked the name dream." I suggest it as a little nod to my online persona, that I assume she doesn't know anything about.

     "Dream... that sounds familiar. I like it" She looks at me and smiles as the last tear in her eye falls. I reach my hand to her face wipe away the tear, When I realize how close we are. I pull away and blush. Her face is red too but that's likely from the crying. I can tell she's still a bit upset. I know I need to pull her out of this mood she was put in before, so we can finish the battle and send everyone home. I'm looking around her room trying to think of something to talk about when I see a guitar on her wall.

     "Do you play the guitar?" I ask her

     "No haha, I got it forever ago and I never really got into it." She looks at me again to keep the conversation going.

     "Oh I used to have a guitar in my room that I never played too, but I had to get rid of it so I could have more room for my working set up." I'm not sure I should tell her about my streaming yet.

     "Oh do you work from home?" She asks

     "Yeah, it's pretty sweet. Do you doing anything for work, or even just for fun?" I try to direct the conversation away from what I do for a living.

     "I don't have, like, a steady job right now, but I do code plugins for various video games, and I get a little pocket cash for it" I wonder if she's ever coded anything on Minecraft.

     "What type of video games?" I try to fish for a bit more information.

     "Well, a lot of people think it's a kids game, but I code mostly Minecraft plugins. There's this big demand for new and fresh ways to play ever since a group of Youtubers started this 'Minecraft But..." series. There's a good amount of money in the business if you fancy that type of work." My heart stops. Has she seen my videos? Does she know who I am?

     "Oh yeah, I'll keep that in mind. That group youtubers... are you a fan?" I hope she says- well I don't know what I hope she says but my heart is racing.

     "To be completely honest, I don't love watching random people play games. So I'm not too interested." I feel calmness again. I think I'm in the clear. I look at her and she inhales. "I should go and face everyone now, right?" She looks into my eyes, my heart is still racing.

     "If you're ready, then I think you should get it over with" She stands up, fixes her hair in the mirror and nods at the door to signal me to follow her back out. I grab her hand and pull her back to me.

     Why the hell did I just do that?? She looks confused. I stand there like an idiot. Think of something to say damn it.

     "Kick some ass out there" wow creative. She giggles and I am once again in the clear. I realize I'm still holding her hand and let go. Allowing her to lead us back outside.

A/N
How often would you guys want updates on this story? I'm trying to make a schedule up for the next little while and I'm trying to figure out how much time I should set aside for writing.