14. Final Touches

Maura and Jenna went grocery shopping. I was going to go with them, but she said she wanted to talk to Jenna alone to find out her decision about the possible job change. I kissed my doc. Jenna and Maura stopped to get coffee before heading out to go grocery shopping. I knew why Maura wanted to stop for coffee. Maura started off as we sat down to drink our coffee.
" Jenna just be honest with me what is best for you and James. If you decline, I will still keep you on as a driver for the my replacement." " Maura I am honored for you thinking about me before opening the position up to someone more qualified than myself." " Jenna you are quick learner. Yes, it will take time to train you on some areas, but I am willing to stay on and still give the salary we promised you. I will train your for six months before I leave. Anyone else, I would only stay two months. I don't want to pressure you or make you feel you cannot do it. I have confidence in you dear. I don't say that too often either." " Maura James and I knew you would want an answer today. James said be prepared she will ask you this morning. We discussed it. I will be honored to learn the position. After six months, if I come up with something, may I still contact you for some advice or assistance? THIS IS SCARY FOR ME TOO."
"JENNA YES, I WOULDN'T EXPECT YOU NOT TO BE SCARED. IF YOU WEREN'T I WOULD WORRY. We need to stop by the hotel to get my reserve bottles of liquor I have stored there." Jenna and I finished the grocery shopping and picked up the new contract for Jenna to sign as well as the liquor and some desserts and three bottles of champagne. I told my secretary to open up the position for a new driver for me.
We returned home and everyone came out to bring the liquor, desserts and groceries.
They delivered the rest of the outside furniture. No one was sure where I wanted the 6 chaise loungers.

The game room James finished hooking up the big screen tv, play station and Xbox

The game room James finished hooking up the big screen tv, play station and Xbox. The game room also had the wine storage next to it. James started loading up the shelves by the type of wine as instructed by Maura. Jenna and James worked on that. I took Julia, Dani and my gal that tonight we will be celebrating Jenna. She just has to sign the contract that I brought home. My first official business in my home office. It took James and Jenna an 1 1/2 hours to complete. Maura climbed the ladder all giddy.

I asked us all to go to my office

I asked us all to go to my office. Jenna signed the contract. Dani and Julia already had the champagne poured for us to toast to Jenna. Maura said,
" one of my better suggestions I have had for the Morgan Hotels. Congrats and welcome aboard Jenna to the Morgan Hotels." James kissed his wife and we left them in my office alone.
Jane started the grill up for Kabobs and turkey hamburgers. Maura, Dani and I started on the side dishes and prepared the kabobs and turkey burgers to be cooked. James and Jenna wanted to help. We all declined and told them to relax wherever in the home Maura would call them when dinner is ready. James and I went back to our room and celebrated in bed for awhile. Maura knocked on the door and told us dinner was ready. James and I took a quick shower and got dressed. We all laughed when we notice the wardrobe change and the damp hair. We enjoyed our first bbq that Dani made air fried mushrooms in beer batter. The parmessan cheese asparagus Maura made. Julia made potato salad.
We ate like royalty that night. Maura and I cleaned up and told everyone to enjoy the outside weather. Maura brought out cherry pie with vanilla bean ice cream for all while I brought us all coffee. James said, "even though I helped out today. I feel relaxed. This has been relaxing for Jenna and I even though we had our jobs to do. Thank you."
We all cleaned up the plates and coffee cups and went to our rooms to sleep. "Babe I know you barely got back to Italy but we leave on Thursday for TJ's graduation on Saturday. I spoke with my brothers they told me that they will be in Italy for good the following week. I didn't know Frankie was starting his job so soon plus they never did tell us. Frankie had his truck shipped here already. I asked Dani to drive there to pick it up. He faxed me the documents I need for them to release me his vehicle. He said they found a house but it won't be ready for a month as well as Tommy. Tommy and Alina's vehicles will be shipped when we all leave for Boston. Frost and Nina are dropping them off for him at the shipping yard. All of their furniture has been arriving. Babe I told them that they could stay with us while they have their houses being worked on. They will keep their belongings in storage places by their homes. I hope that is okay. I didn't ask you." " Sweetie it's okay. They are our family. Our home is big enough for us all and we can start the rizzoli dinners again and have Julia, Dani, Jenna and James to join in on the family dinners if you don't mind." "Doc no I don't mind they are our family. Remember blood doesn't make a family. Let's get some sleep I don't know about you, but I am beat. "