Prologue

~HO Y/N POV~

(21 YEARS OLD)

"Come on Y/n!! Try harder!!!"

I groaned rolling my eyes to the back of my head, wiping the sweat off my head and panting breathlessly trying to catch my breath as my dad glares at me with his red gleaming eyes.

"Dad, can I not just use a blade?!"

"No, you must you use your fists!" Dad

"At least an arrow or something you know I'm good with weapons."

My dad straightened up, rolling his shoulders back and stomped over to my squatted position to stare me down, hands on his hips and not even breaking a sweat from this four hour training we've been doing all evening.

"Y/n for you to take my place in this pack you will need to be strong and fight with no weapons. No one will take you seriously as alpha if you rely on weaponry objects. Now again!" Dad

He spun around in his heels turning his back to me and walked a few feet away from me as I groaned again but stood up and got into defence mode, fists up but ready for my dads next move.

My dad just stood there, one foot positioned behind the other, staring at me without even blinking. I just stared back at him, making sure to take notice of any movement he dares to make but my dad is very good at being unexpected and surprising because he's very fast. But that's the perks of being an alpha and some day I will have that strength too and follow in his footsteps.

The two of us stayed silent, not speaking or removing our sights from the other until my dad made the first move, leaping forward and throwing a jab towards my face which I managed to dodge in time by rolling to the ground across my back and kicked up my left foot to his stomach on the way passed and twirled around to flip back up onto my feet after hearing my dad groan quietly but his back was still towards me so I again made a brave move and jumped onto his back, my right arm around his neck applying pressure to choke him out.

He may be my dad and I love him but this training was getting on my nerves and I just wanted to go home. However his low growl warned me to back off but I didn't give in, I kept the pressure around his neck, squeezing and even threw my weight back with all my might taking my dad down with me.

Landing on the hard floor I didn't even flinch and my dad started tossing and kicking his legs. I know he could easily get out of this but he's choosing not to right now. I stayed focused, calmly taking breaths while I choked out my father but when he let out a loud growl that echoed through out the training field my inner wolf whimpered and I let go of him.

My dad with his freedom jumped back up to his feet and spun around so fast to glare down at me, hands on his hips. I swear the look in his eyes were terrifying, I just knew that if I wasn't his daughter he would of killed me right now for doing that.

"D-Dad....I-I'm so-"

"That was fantastic!" Dad

He exclaimed happily, throwing his hands into the air and now replacing that scowl to a wide grin on his face. However seeing this sudden turn in him I was stunned even more and when he help me stand up he brought me into his embrace and hugged me tight in his arms while I just stayed silent as my dad giggled.

"Now that is what you should always do. Show no mercy, keep going to the finish. Unless pack member of course and they yield or is your mate but no mercy Y/n. No mercy." Dad

Growing a smile on my face to know I made my dad feel proud, I sunk in his arms and enjoyed this moment between us. It's not often he hugs me so I like to take advantage when he does. He's not much of a hugger no matter how close we are. I'm his one and only since my mom died giving birth to me and yet he kept going for me. I personally think my personality is like my dads but in pictures I've seen I look like my mother.

"You'll make a great alpha one day Y/n. No matter the gender you can do anything a man can do, you'll show them." Dad

I felt my dads moist lips peck the top of my head and rest his cheek there while his caresses my back.

"I just want to make you and mom proud of me dad."

I commented and he chuckled.

"You make me proud every dad Y/n even if it doesn't show. Just remember that I love you." Dad

"I love you too dad."

"Well isn't this a lovely sight?"

Both my dad and I separated and turned around alerted by this stranger entering the training field. Just by the scruffy hair and dirty clothes and not to mention the rotten scent coming from this man you can tell he's a rogue and with that my dad growled low towards the man, pushing me back behind him.

"You're trespassing on eclipse pack territory. I suggest while I'm in a good mood to leave now." Dad

The stranger raised both brows and grinning as if he thought about it.

"Interesting. I thought you alpha were a lethal man, no mercy and all that crap." ?

The man took two steps to the side, his hands behind his back but I couldn't get too much of a good look at him since my dad was insisted on keeping me behind his back, following the mans every move.

"Who let you cross our border?" Dad

The stranger let out a loud terrifying laugh that made me shiver all over.

"You should thank Jiwon for that. He was most helpful in my plan to get here and confront you alpha." ?

"My beta?! HE WOULDNT DO SUCH A THING!" Dad

Uncle Jiwon wouldn't, he couldn't of.

"He did try that mind fuck thing you do with him. You wont find him." ?

"Did you kill him?" Dad

"No, but you would know that, wouldn't you unless he left you pack." ?

My dad balled up his fists and continued to growl at the man, tensing his whole back. I knew what that meant and I stepped back just in time for my dad to change form into his large grey and white wolf. Shaking off his fur and then pouncing on the stranger without any hesitation.

I stepped back further, watching the stranger change into a reddish brown wolf to take on my father. But my dad had the wolf pinned down and snapped his jaws in the strangers face. Again a series of growls and snarls echoed through out the air around us but what happened next caught me off guard.

An arrow suddenly shot through air from the trees and hit my dad square between the eyes. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and flopped to the side when the stranger wolf kicked him off.

Seeing my dads body fall limp and feel his life force leave through our bond we share I fell to my knees and let out a wail of pain through out my body and most especially my heart. Now that my father had passed on, my body changed. The alphas strength flowed through my body, my bones grew stronger, my muscles tougher and this bitter anger built up inside me as I built a wall around my heart to protect it from further damage I was no longer the Ho Y/n I once was.

I'm now alpha Ho Y/n.