Chapter fifteen

~Y/N POV~

I couldn't sleep tonight so I decided to go for a run around the border. Just a once over and then back to bed. Hopefully that should help by the time I get back. There's too much things going on in my mind to really relax. Plus the scents of all my mates in one place was overwhelming to me. I'll have to figure out what I'm going to do with them some time soon.

Running out the house I bolted to the border south and started there.

My feet pounding on the mossy earth. I didn't bother to put shoes on, it makes me feel more free to do this bare foot. I've done this so many times that it doesn't bother me if I stand on twigs or small rocks. This is what I use to do growing up to blow off some steam. It use to drive my dad nuts when I'd sneak out but I was always okay.

To feel the cool air in my lungs and the breeze in my hair it was already beginning to set my mind at ease. Even a smile appeared to my face but that soon dropped when a scent prickled at my nose just across the border. It felt threatening and that shot warning signals to my mind to protect my pack.

My over night watchmen wouldnt of picked up the scent from here but I can.

I sniffed the air a little more and shot my head in the direction when a twig snapped.

A large body quickly revealed itself from behind a overly large bush and ran in the opposite direction and further into the woods.

I ran after it. Stepping over that border into the rogue lands without a second thought. I knew that scent, it's not often you smell one of those around here anymore but this one is bold to come close to my border and to my pack.

Vampire.

What the hell was a vampire doing here is beyond me but I had to take it down. It could come back.

So stubbornness and determination ran through my veins to get to this thing.

The vampire was tall, black hair from what I can make out but rather a fit body. I cursed to myself when the vampire picked up speed so I pushed myself to run faster, harder to get to the vampire.

Changing into my white wolf form, my four legs took me faster.

This vampire obviously knew he was being chased but that didn't stop me. A sharp left turn was taken and I followed but skidded to a halt when the vampire was no where to be seen. Keeping my guard up I looked left and right. Even spinning on my paws in a rotation but still nothing. It was like he was gone but I could still smell him.

The blood dripping from my was strong. But there was a mixture of something else that came from him too. It made my fur coat stand on edge.

A low growl came from my throat in warning. Letting the vampire know I know he's still here. That he should come out and face me like a man.

Still the air was clear and still. No sound from anything around me. It was troubling so I let out another growl, still scanning my surroundings.

Then suddenly a heavy weight dropped on me. Grabbing me around the stomach and rolled the both of us to the ground. I whined at the touch just out of shock but then growled and wriggled in the vampires hold that held me firmly to his chest as he pinned me down.

No matter how much I tried to get him off my even didn't budge, he just stayed kneeling over me. His chest to my back and allowed me to wriggling and kick in his arms. I felt his breath close to my pointed ear and his scent became stronger.

And that's when I stopped and my body dropped to the dirt.

"Y/n it's me. Jungkook."

I gruffed at him and wriggled for him to get off me which he did thankfully. He sat up on his knees releasing me so I could scramble back up and jump back from him. I was about to get into my attack position, butt in the air and head lowered but when I saw indeed it was Jungkook innocently sitting there on his knees, I just sat down on my butt to stare back at him.

Cocking my head to the side I watched him lower his head to his chin and fiddle with his fingers in front of him. But I didn't miss the fresh blood down his chin from his mouth.

It didn't make sense.

He's a wolf. I know he is. I could sense his wolf the last time I saw him, I can even sense it now. But his scent is different right now compared to the last time I saw him.

Finally Jungkook meets my curious gaze and lets out a small sigh.

"I didn't mean for you to see me like this. No one knows. I kept it hidden for so long." Jungkook

I grumbled at him as if to explain but Jungkook instead pulls off his tshirt and hands it out to me.

"It's better if you change back. I can explain everything you want to know. Just put this on. I wont look." Jungkook

Dropping the black tshirt to the ground he turned his back to me. For a moment I eyed the tshirt and then his back. My eyes widen to see the muscles protruding from his skin. It was rather impressive to see but nonetheless I changed back to my human form, snatched the piece of clothing and put it over my body.

Standing up to my feet the clothing came down almost to my knees. It only made me realise just how small I must be in person or just how big he is compared to me.

But arms crossed over my chest I stared him down.

"You better explain what the heck you are. You smell like a vampire right now and even look like one but you have a wolf."

Jungkook spun on his bum and looked up at me. Those doe eyes saddening by the second and seemingly looks ashamed of himself.

"I'm a half breed. Both vampire and wolf but I didn't know that until I was in my teens." Jungkook

"So what did you assume you were first?"

"A wolf. Only a wolf. I was raised by a rogue family. My hunger for blood came later when I turned thirteen." Jungkook

Again he looks down and lets out a small sigh. I kind of felt bad for him but yet my wolf inside me still accepted him as my mate. Wanting to comfort him and show him affection or just anything to say she still wants him.

But I held that back and let out a sigh of my own. I looked around the forest around us to check if anyone heard us and no one did as far as I know. We're alone.

But I held out my hand to him and his eyes widen in surprise.

"Let me show you a place I go when I want to run away from the world. We can talk more there."

He only nods, pressing a very small smile to his face but takes my hand gently so I can pull him up to his feet.

"Follow me."