Chapter fourteen

~Y/N POV~

"You can't tell anyone who I am." Taehyung

I sighed and just carried on walking into the house since Taehyung has refused to leave my side and kept begging to keep his secret all the way back.

"I already told you I wouldnt tell anyone."

I told him again for what felt like the hundredth time. Honestly I was starting to get sick of his begging but I felt a little insulted that he didn't trust me. But then again I don't trust him or any of his friends so  I guess it can go both ways.

As we both walked through the living room I was heading to the kitchen to grab something to eat like a snack or something before bed. At this time of night people would be getting ready for bed by now and I wont see Minhoon or Minseok at this hour since they know I like to be left alone unless an emergency comes along.

But in my track Taehyung jumped in front of me from my side and lightly tapped his hands to my shoulders to stop me.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you wont tell a soul who I am." Taehyung

Rolling my eyes I then met his brown orbs that twinkled from the lights above us but as the seconds ticked by the irises of his eyes started to change into that beautiful turquoise colour again.

"I promise I wont tell a soul who you are."

He just stared at me for a couple more seconds before he finally nods as if satisfied.

"Thank you. It's dangerous enough as it is for you to know that never mind others." Taehyung

"You still have to explain some things to me about this you know?"

He nods and now looks down to avoid my gaze on him. That sad puppy look on him made him look so young and innocent that it was hard to think he was much older than everyone in this pack altogether.

"I know. I'm sorry." Taehyung

Bowing his head to me I widen my eyes for a moment as he showed me respect and yet I felt not only shocked but rather uncomfortable that my mate was bowing to me. But I chose not to say anything and cleared my throat and looked around the room as if I was worried about someone spotting us together.

Which is not true.

I actually like his presence.

I like them all but it's hard for me to admit it because I'm still scared that one day they can take everything I have worked for away from me in a second if I chose to bond and mate with them.

"Erm, would you like to come to the kitchen with me? I'm getting something to eat."

Taehyung lifted his head and his lips curved but it was obvious he was trying to hide it.

"Sure. If you don't mind." Taehyung

Finally he stepped aside and allowed me to walk passed him. I just kept my gaze on the kitchen door and walked through but stopped when I found unexpectedly two more mates in the kitchen chatting while sipping on cups of tea from what I can tell by the smell.

They both stopped mid conversation as I entered and whipped their heads to my direction. Taehyung stumbled into me from behind and forced me to walk a little more into the room but there was the island between us that separated us.

"Oh. Jin, Hoseok what are you both doing here?" Taehyung

He asked them coming to step around me and walked towards them without hesitation. I on the other hand was rooted at my spot. There was three of them in the room and I had to take a moment to gather myself so I don't melt into a puddle. Holding up my strong independent persona to one mate is easy but to more that two? That's difficult.

"Having tea, what else does it look like?" Jin

Jin scrunched up his nose to Taehyung before sipping on his tea where as Hoseok was too busy grinning at me from across the room. I could feel his eyes on me this whole time but I didn't know what to say. I only came in here for a snack.

"How are you tonight Y/n?" Hoseok

Clearing my throat I finally made at least two steps closer to the island and press my palms in to the marble.

"It was okay. Nothing off balance which is good."

"Good. That's good." Hoseok

He nodded and me and then turned to Jin as he sipped on his cup. Jin now looking back at me from across the room set his cup down and half turned his body to face Hoseok but his head turned to my direction.

"Would you like some tea before bed?" Jin

Do I trust him enough to make my tea?

I don't know but then again it's very hard to betray your mate like that. Its hard to even lie which is very likely the reason I found out about Taehyung's true self.

"If you don't mind."

He nods widening his smile but turns his back to me to only tap Taehyung on his back which also faces me now while he makes his tea and leans into his ear.

"Make our mate her tea." Jin

Again he pats Taehyung on the shoulder and turns around to me again. Taehyung doesn't even protest and I see him pick up a second cup from the cupboard above him and set it down in front of him.

"Y/n do we make you uncomfortable?" Hoseok

My entire body froze hearing that question and right now as I stare back at him I must look like a deer in headlights. But his slight frown and Jin's curious gaze along with Taehyung's now shocked puppy eyes all staring back at me I somehow managed to pull myself out my frozen state.

"No. It's no ones fault but my own."

Immediately I frowned at my confession. I didn't think I would admit that on my own and yet I just blurted out like it was nothing.

"It's because you don't trust us, isn't it?" Hoseok

I nodded and averted my gaze to my hands on the island.

"I don't blame you though. We heard about everything you had to go through to be where you are today. It actually makes me proud that you're my mate." Jin

A gasp left my lips and yet I closed my eyes and balled up my fists. Hearing him say that made me want to cry but not in a bad way. It was a sense of relief and inner pride lifting. I never got to really hear my dad tell me that after I became alpha and to hear at least one mate tell me that when he barely knows me is all too overwhelming to me.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you." Jin

The worry in his tone made me open my eyes again but shake my head.

"No. I'm not upset. It just.....I'm sorry but it just means a lot to hear you say that."

My voice coming out small and weak like I didn't want it to but I couldn't help myself. I hated this feeling but loved it at the same time because it was due to my mates being with me.

"Well we can only tell you the truth Y/n. I'm sure you know that by now." Jin

I nod and bite my lower lip. I just made an example of that right now by blurting out my thoughts.

"Here, drink this." Taehyung

He told me suddenly appearing to my left side and gently passing me the hot cup of tea while offering me a soft smile.

"Thank you."

A smile appeared upon my lips that I couldn't supress but Taehyung just beamed a bright smile back and glanced back to Jin and Hoseok.

"She smiled at me." Taehyung

Hoseok just burst out laughing which was music to my ears and yet Jin chuckled and shook his head before drinking some of his tea. Even myself let out a little giggle at his cuteness all the while enjoying this warmth that was building up within me. This is actually quite nice.