Chapter 34: gunfire and lead

Lucky for me,  Beck had managed to invite me over for a family dinner

Lucky for me,  Beck had managed to invite me over for a family dinner. It would be a small and intimate gathering including his parents and I. Chase and Cartia would be busy at a party keeping her occupied. All I had to do was excuse myself to use the "restroom" but instead sneak into Mr. Addeo's study and snatch up the contract. Then Chase would finally be free. I hoped it'd be as easy as it sounded. 

I got ready for tonights dinner ready to mourn my fake relationship with them. I put on a pair of black pants, a black corset, and some heels covered in pearls. Beck wanted to pick me up, but I had got him to agree to just meet me there. After tonight, I didn't want to be anywhere near him. Which is why I got Julian to be getaway driver. He would be parked up the street in case anything went wrong and I needed to get the hell out, or if it was emergency I would have some sort of back up. The Addeo's were rich and powerful people, I had to be ready for anything.

We didn't end up telling Chase the plan was taking place today because he would want to be there. And I needed him with Cartia tonight. I hoped he wouldn't be upset, but if he was, he'd just have to recover from it. I had no room for any mistakes. Tonight was it.

I got into a car Julian had rented, and began the journey. "Just remember I'm only a text away, okay?"

I nodded my head, "If I'm not out of there in three hours, just be ready to leave."

Julian's eyes widened, "Why?"

"What we're doing is dangerous. I'm not letting you go down with me."

He shook his head, "Absolutely not. I'm going in there and getting you out."

He was too kind, but the worst things happened to the best people. So, I would need to find some way to keep him away from the disaster. "Julian, if they see you, all of your NFL dreams with Chase will get flushed down the drain. Please."

He pondered upon it, but gave me a nod in understandment. I know he didn't want to, but he had too. Julian and Chase had worked for this for forever and I wouldn't let them go down. They were family. They had the brightest futures ahead of them. 

After some time we arrived at the Addeo residency, Julian pulled in. I was ready to get out when Julian stopped me and gave me a hug. "Good luck."

I shot him a small smile and got out. As I knocked on the door, he scurried away. One of the maids let me in and led me away into the dining room where everyone was already seated. I had an open seat right next to Beck who motioned me over. 

"Ava! It's good to see you again." Mrs. Addeo greeted me, a somber look washing over her face as she looked away. 

"Thanks, I'm happy you all invited me over." 

Mr. Addeo sat down, glancing at me. He gave me tight smile before sitting down at the head of the table. I'm sure he was pissed I hadn't signed his contract. I looked around the table and saw that there were two more place mats which immediately alarmed me. I heard heels clack and the dining room door open. My worst nightmare had just appeared.