Chapter 4: Green Eyes

Waking up the next morning with Ava in my arms was something I never wanted to end

Waking up the next morning with Ava in my arms was something I never wanted to end. I seriously don't understand how she decided to stick around with the entire situation last year. After the entire ordeal with Trish, I thought I lost her for good. I never want to experience that ever again. 

I turned to look at her sleeping peacefully. She was tangled in my white sheets, and a surge of memories from last night came back to me. The eagerness in her voice to get me out of the party was so hot to me. I don't think she knows how I get when she is so demanding. Then I remembered her new friend, Mateo. As soon as I saw him eyeing Ava all night, I wanted to kill him. Maybe Ava didn't see it, but I knew guys like him only wanted one thing. 

I impatiently waited for Ava to wake up, because I was growing bored. "Pst, Ava get up." I said poking her.

She stirred in her sleep, the sheets lowering on her body. I sneakily looked, hoping to catch a glimpse of my last nights activities. However, Ava swatted me in the head. "Go away you creep."

"Baby, I'm bored!" I whined like a child. I saw Ava holding in her smile, which caused me to grow even more annoying . "If you don't pay attention to me, I'm gonna be even more sad."

She opened her eyes, and I pouted my lips at her. She grabbed my face and gave me a longing kiss, before she thumped me off the bed. I fell off the bed with a loud sound, surely the neighbors must have heard. "Mm, love you too." I said wincing. 

She got up, dropping the sheets. My mouth gaping open, shocked at the beauty of this girl. She went to my closet and picked out a new sweatshirt that I knew I wasn't ever going to get back. Secretly, I hoped I wasn't. They looked better on her than they did on me. "What's on the agenda today, love?" Ava asked me drowning in one of my crewnecks. 

I groaned, "Football practice, and weight lifting, and probably sleep."

Ava frowned, "No room for a little cuddling session tonight?"

"I promise, you know I always have time for you." I said pulling at her arms. Ava straddled me on the floor, and ran her fingers through my hair. The feeling of tingles going through my body, and the warmth of our skin touching was something I'd never get tired of. 

"So that means you'd pick me over football?" Ava said teasing me.

"Never in a million years." I sassed. 

She gasped, "How rude!"

I laughed, "Baby, what kind of question is that? Of course I would pick you over football." I grabbed her hands, and looked her in the eyes. "You are the most important person in my life, I'd always choose you."

Ava turned crimson, and gave me a longing kiss. "I love you Chase, more than you'll ever know."

I kissed her with more passion, pulling away for a short second, "Forever." Then I crashed our lips together once again.