Chapter 3

"Fuck, fuck, fuck-!"

Throwing his phone into the sea of sheets on his bed, Donghyuck jumps like he's been electrocuted, landing just a few feet from his bed, his hand running over his face harshly as Jaemin's messages continue to blow up his phone.

Donghyuck pulls his pyjama shirt from his body with incredible speed as he grabs his white button-up shirt, clumsily trying to thread his arms into the holes. He charms the buttons to do themselves up as he reaches for his robes, trousers and socks- he can spell his shoes to follow him as he sprints to class.

Last night Donghyuck had drifted off to sleep next to Mark at the top of the astronomy tower, wrapped securely in each other's arms. It wasn't until around three in the morning that Mark woke with a start, waking up Donghyuck and advising that they head back to their own dorms before they're caught.

Hearing his phone's constant buzzing, he knows that he was asleep for far too long.

Donghyuck had missed classes before. In his earlier years, he didn't see a big deal in not attending one or two History of Magic classes as he'd sleep through them if he attended anyway.

But this year was different. This was his last year, this was the year that his grades mattered... and this was potions class. He adored potions, and he needed to get an Outstanding in his N.E.W.T exams at the end of the year to even be considered for a placement in St. Mungos Hospital.

Despite Donghyuck's family and friends seeing a future in Quidditch for him, Donghyuck wished to become a Healer. He wanted to unite his love for potions with his interest in herbology and helping people and after this year at Hogwarts, become a Trainee Healer.

This was a wish that he had kept secret from everyone apart from Mark and his potions professor, who seemed to catch on of this desire, both of whom were entirely supportive of such a path.

"Accio tie!" Donghyuck calls as he stumbles from his dorm room, down the stone stairs and into the Slytherin Common Room, his tie now in hand.

~~~