Chapter 10

~ FLASHBACK to SUMMER ~

"Who is brave enough to take on the most dangerous feat?" Mr Lee questions, looking over expectantly at the four other figures present in the living room.

At such an introduction, Donghyuck looks around at Mark and Mrs Lee who are sporting small smiles whilst Leia looks up from her notebook, the current page full of words scribbled down with Donghyuck's colour changing ink. Nova is lying down next to her, enjoying the constant hand threading through her fur.

"Are we going to make some cookies?" She asks excitedly, which confuses Donghyuck slightly.

"Baking is dangerous?" He questions to which Mr Lee nods his head dramatically.

"In this house it is", the statement being met with Mrs Lee looking up from her book with a playful glare.

Once Leia gets to her feet, Nova following, Mark then looks to Donghyuck, silently asking if he wants to partake in what could only be described as impending chaos, and its with the rest of the family trailing excitedly into the kitchen that Donghyuck is sure that he's never agreed to anything so quickly before in his life.

With the kids taking the lead, Mr Lee promises to keep Mrs Lee at the kitchen table, engaging her through conversation and the occasional song.

They had only just started, having lined the ingredients up- just like Donghyuck would usually do in potions, but from Mark's nervous optimism, Donghyuck could already tell that this was in fact going to be dangerous.

Donghyuck had never baked before, he had never actually been in a kitchen with purpose either. At home, in the Lee family mansion, there was always someone designated to do everything for him, and even then, most likely the food was spelled to construct itself, so this was all very new to the Slytherin.

However despite that, as Donghyuck looks over the recipe book, his eyes going from the step by step instructions before glossing over the ingredients, he deems the set-up quite like that of his favourite class at Hogwarts. Instead of brewing a potion, he would be baking a cake, and with Mark's knowledge of the many muggle contraptions in the kitchen, Donghyuck is sure that they could get through this with minimal casualties.

That is, however, until Leia reaches for the bag of flour, he grip faltering as it was heavier than she thought, and as the bag tips over, a cloud of white blossoms from the bag, coating the countertops like that of snow.

With his eyes widening at what had just happened, Donghyuck feels his heart stop for a split second as the kitchen falls silent instantly. He feels like he can't breathe.

Turning his head ever so slowly, almost like he was prey trying to escape the notice of their predator, Donghyuck looks from Leia to where Mark's parents were sat. As he eyes them silently he feel like for a moment the world stops as he waits for Mr and Mrs Lee to make their move.