Chapter 14

"Remind me again how you ended up in Slytherin", Donghyuck jests just as Jaemin flops down onto the grass, sighing as he looks up at the dark clouds clustered overhead

"Remind me again how you ended up in Slytherin", Donghyuck jests just as Jaemin flops down onto the grass, sighing as he looks up at the dark clouds clustered overhead. Renjun and Chenle pay no attention to his theatrics.

They were sat by the Great Lake, the four of them referring to it more as the Dark Lake instead as the water was always some shade of darkness and the clouds would constantly threaten rain whenever anyone ventured towards near.

Such an atmosphere didn't bother the four students, though. As it looked rather bleak, not many others dare to walk to such a place, even though technically it's not against the rules.

"Somebody had to keep an eye on you", The Chaser huffs back, draping an arm across his face as he closes his eyes, "Plus, if Renjun was sorted into Slytherin and had to also share a dorm with you, he probably would've drowned you in this lake by your second year."

"Second? That's being optimistic", The Ravenclaw murmurs, munching on one of his sugar quills with his eyes not leaving the page of the book he was currently reading.

"You do hang out with us an awful lot", Chenle pipes up, offering one box of his Fizzing Whizzbees around the group, everyone complying, "Do your fellow Ravenclaws not wonder what you get up to?"

"I hardly think they care", Renjun shrugs, "We aren't nosey like you."

"Says the one eavesdropping on my conversation with Jeno", Jaemin sulks, to which Renjun just scoffs.

"Can it be classed as a conversation if you just stuttered your way through introductions?"

"See!" Jaemin cries, pulling himself up into a sitting position as he points over at his friend, "You were listening!"

"You were offering free entertainment", The other boy responds, almost challenging Jaemin to tell him that he wouldn't have done exactly the same.

With a pout still present on his lips, Jaemin crosses his legs as he gets comfortable again, his hands reaching out to tidy up the books in front of him, "And anyway, it was a conversation... He said that he saw the Quidditch game, that I played well."

"That's because you did", Donghyuck agrees, but Jaemin just shakes his head softly, a smile returning to his face.

"Yeah, but he noticed."

Chenle makes a comment about feeling nauseated as he casts a glance to Jaemin before looking back to his lap where his half-finished letter to his parents lay.

He had to write to them every so often otherwise they'd employ their own means to find out about the ongoings of Hogwarts. Pure-blooded families always got so involved with their children's education; however, the reason wasn't to do with their children themselves- it was all politics. Anyway, despite needing to write, Chenle knows that they wouldn't care for the overdramatic sappy strangers-to-friends-to-possible-lovers story of a half Veela and a Hufflepuff nerd, and so he tries to block his friend out.