Chapter 13<3

Let's ignore the fact I went AWOL for more than two months :))

***

"Leon?"

***

We walked into the store, where I was to purchase a new phone for Hayden when while looking around, I saw a familiar back and head of stylishly cut curly hair.

There Leon was, talking to customers, dawning khaki pants and a red polo shirt. It took me a bit to remember him talking about finding a new job in the area, as his job in the next city over was too far now that he had to take his brother to school.

"Leon?" I asked, tapping on his shoulder.

His head turned to look down towards mine, a familiar set of dimples placed on caramel skin making me smile back. 

"Oh hey! I didn't realize you'd be here," he said with warmth in his chestnut eyes.

"Well, I did tell you we were getting this man over here a new phone," I said gesturing to Hayden, who was already looking at Leon with surprise in his eyes.

"Leon?"

"Hayden?"

They just stared at each other like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. They threw themselves at each other hugging each other close. 

"Wow sorry to intrude on the moment lovebirds, but we should get back soon, Katy's at our house right now and we don't want to keep Malum too long," I informed the guys.

They separated while I asked, "So how do you two know each other?"

"Oh well we both play an online game, and we happened to meet each other," Leon started.

"And we played together a lot, so we became friends. And so when I heard his voice I instantly knew it was him," Hayden finished.

"Well, makes sense, well I'm glad I could orchestrate your grand reunion."

I turned towards the display of phones looking at the different models, while Leon and Hayden chatted about the new update coming soon until he got whisked away by a customer. 

"You know you really don't have to do this you know, let me just pay you back," he tried.

"Absolutely not," I replied shortly, still looking at the sleek pieces of machinery. 

"Sugar mommy vibes," said a now free Leon, who walked over to us, his handmade earrings making a little dinging noise.

I just scoffed, while Hayden laughed a bit. "So, I'm off work in five minutes, mind if I ride with you both? I took the train here so I don't have a car with me." 

He paused for a bit before starting again with a sly smile on his face, "Or do you two need some alone time~~"

"You are coming with us," I said sharply.

"Oh well, next time, Hayden," he said laughing.

I picked out the phone with the best balance of screen size and easiness to hold and headed to the cashier, Hayden in tow, while Leon went to go deal with the last of his customers for the day. I handed the person at the cash register my card, (which was tricky to set up as a minor). We downloaded all the data from the wreck that was his old phone, somehow, and headed out.

"So Hayden, how did you get to school? Do you need me to drop you off back there?" I asked him while he frantically texting his parents as they were yelling at him through messages.

"Ummm, that would be preferable, I left my car there, and I would rather not get yelled at more..." he explained with a sad and strained smile on his face.