Chapter 4 <3

^^ she deserved better tbh

Class went on as any would, he taught us about linguistics for the most part. He was a good teacher, and not a pushover, which I liked.

I just realized how much like someone out of that movie I once saw, the Addams Family. Black hair, pale as* skin, and black eyes. He was also very tall and skinny.

I caught myself stealing glances at my neighbor, so I quickly tried to avoid looking at him. I kept on taking notes on what a test might contain for this class. But in between taking notes, I was observing the amphitheater style classroom. It had semicircle rows, gradually going upwards, with a long, ebony, desks running along them. If I had to make a guess as to how many people there were in the room, I would say, about fifty. Wow, there were a lot of stuck-up rich kids in the world for this to be only one of the many classes.

I was observing the room, when I found many of my female peers, staring at a certain sunshine boy, who seemed to be looking at... me? WHAT?!

I blushed a little and looked away, since when did I turn into a schoolgirl? (a/n: um, when you enrolled in a school?)

I heard a small, light, chuckle come from him. Not fair.

"Mr. Aurand, please contain yourself," the teacher warned.

So I see, he's French. His dad is probably the French one, because of his last name. He can't be fully French though, because he would have some slight accent in his speech, even just the diction in his words. Also, his first name is quite American.

Ah, I knew who he was, he was the young heir of the Gordon military family. A family disguised as one of business, but really, for generations they had been the personal guard for the President. Essentially Secret Services, but more... secret. It was hard to explain. The only reason I knew, was because Nevlyn was one of them. No, she sure doesn't look like it, but she was. The Matriarch of the family's sister, was a tan lady who had the same green eyes as Nevlyn. So Nevlyn and Hayden were actually cousins.

Nevlyn left because she saw the corruptness of the government, and went to underground fighting, until I found her and brought her with me. I guess her family has lost track of her at this point, and I know for sure they have no idea she's with me.

To be honest the way their family works was quite complicated. There was the leader of the family, which is the oldest sibling, which right now was Hayden's mother, Selene, and then there was the spouse, the one who they married. Under them were the rest of the siblings, and then there was all of their children, like Hayden and Nevlyn. And then all the distant relatives, and so forth.

My mind hurts just thinking about it. Wait, if he's the young heir, and I'm the leader of second most powerful mafia... well he's either trying to kill me, or being down the mafia. Ah sh*t. Well... if I duel him, and win, then he'll realize that he can't. And he's most likely going to try and fight me, so I think I'm fine. I just need to beat him, that's all.

I payed attention for the rest of the whole three minutes of class. And then the teacher announced: "Okay class, you are dismissed, no homework today."

I stood up packed my bags, and promptly left, without an acknowledgement to Hayden.

As I stepped out the door, I felt a large hand tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see who I expected.

"Yes, Mr. Aurand? How can I help you?" I looked around and conviently saw no one in the halls, (a/n: ah, to have plot convenience) "Did the president send you here to fetch me?"

He looked a bit taken a back, and didn't have the chance to say anything.

"Surprised? Yes, I know who you really are, no need for false pretenses, now if you're asking for a match, then sure I'd love to, but if you have anything else to say, then by all means, go ahead."

He still had a shocked look adorning his face, but then came back to his senses.

"Um, no, nothing else, what time?" he asked.

"What about during PE? If you have it last period," I asked.

"I do, see you then," he said, and then walked to his next class.

Wait, what was my next class?

***

I walked into my History class, and saw a teacher with a light brown messy bun plopped on top of her head. She had round head donning circular glasses and red lipstick. She was pretty short and cute. She had a very cheery vibe around her.

"Hello everyone! I am your new History teacher Mrs. Conwell, for those of you who've already had Math, yes, Mr. Conwell is my husband!" She looked so cheery and bright, even more than Hayden. I was actually smiling, and many people looking my way, some with what looks like a sunburn, why else would their pasty faces be so red? (a/n why. did. i. write. such. a. dense. character.)

More than that though, people looked shocked as to the revelation of her spouse, I wondered why.

She then taught the lesson which was very similar to the history of my old world, just more... well, magicky I guess. (a/n: magicky is now a word, it's in the dictionary, but don't look it up)

***

I understand why they were so shocked, this man, is the complete opposite of Mrs. Conwell. Cold, aloof, strict, distant, I guess opposites really do attract.

It was Math class after our fifteen minute break, in which I went over my class schedule, and ate some fruits and snack.

Mr. Conwell was teacher AP Calculus, and I was bored so I was twirling my pen, again, observing the room. I noticed two girls who sat in front of me, one with short, wavy, box die green hair. And the other with frizzy, strawberry blonde hair. I couldn't see their faces from the back though.

I'll try and talk to them after class, they seem interesting.

***

Sorry I haven't posted in forever, this one was a bit shorter than usual. 

Thanks for reading! 

Time: 10:54pm