Chapter 3: Berry Best friends

I wake up to Josie groaning in pain. She whimpers and pulls the covers over her head, still tightly wrapped around me.

"Hangover?" I ask.

She jolted.

"Shit you scared me," she said.

"My arm is asleep." I point out.

"Oh, sorry," she moves over.

I sit up and look at her and she looks at me. I don't know why but I'm nervous. Is she going to say something about it? Is she going to pretend it didn't happen? Does she even remember it happened? If she doesn't, am I obligated to say something?

She looks down at my lips and I feel my face heat up knowing the smudged lipstick gives everything away.

"Ugh, what the fuck happened last night?" She plops back on the bed.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"You mean other than the fact that you got plastered before midnight and basically ruined my whole night?"

"Shit, my bad. How did things with Carson go?"

"Good actually. He said he likes me; we are basically already official." I sigh romantically and lay down next to her.

"That's... good." She forces out.

"Why'd you get plastered?" I turn to face her.

"Guess I just lost count. Happens." She shrugs it off.

"At least you didn't puke," I say.

"That's a win, I guess. Come on, let's wash this make-up off and check on the others."

I get up out of bed and stretch before walking to the bathroom to wash up. After I clean my face I move to grab a change of clothes. Normally I'd just change right in front of her and not even think twice about it. But after last night, I feel subconscious. I don't know how to feel about the whole thing.

So without even realizing I'm doing it I grab my clothes and go change in the restroom. Then I leave the room in search of the others without waiting for her to finish getting dressed. The house is a total disaster, as expected. There are people passed out everywhere.

I sigh.

"Alright, morning call. Everyone go home!" I shout.

They start to stir awake and grumble complaints.

I go to the other bedroom and slowly creak the door open. Inside are Sophie and some guy. Still passed out and naked. I cringe and close the door. Where's Sage? I move back to the living room where people slowly get up and laugh about the night before. I wouldn't know how fun it was because my night was ruined.

I go out front and see that it's just as trashed.

Someone better help me clean this place up.

I see Sage's boyfriend's car and smirk before walking over to it. Sure enough, the two are cuddled up inside, sound asleep.

I bang loudly on the hood of the car causing the car alarm to go off. They jolt awake and I laugh at their surprised faces.

"Morning!" I call.

Sage flips me off.

I giggle before going back into the house.

"You find Sage?" Josie comes up to me.

"She's with her boyfriend in his car," I walk over to the kitchen.

"Did you see Sophie?" She asks.