Chapter 8: Yielding Yellow

Josie can be pretty overbearing sometimes. And that's putting it nicely. As I've said before the girl loves attention. She loves being the center of the spotlight. So when you are not paying attention to her and she wants you to pay attention to her, the girl will do anything to make you notice her.

I knew I was going to have to set some ground rules before I went back to school or else our secret wouldn't be a secret for much longer. Every day of my suspension she'd text me, call me, and come over when she could. When I was with Carson, she'd get all Godzilla on me.

But she swears she's not jealous.

Yeah right.

And I'm the next president of the united states.

Even though I told her to lay off, nothing changed. So, if I didn't want everyone to know that I'm playing tongue hockey with my best friend regularly I needed a way to get her to back off. So when she came over Monday after school, I laid it on her.

"No kissing, texting flirty stuff, or being touchy-feely with me at school."

"Yeah, I get it." she tried to lean in and kiss me.

"I don't think you do," I put my hand on her forehead and stopped her from leaning in.

She glared at me.

"Josie, this past week I've seen a side of you I've never seen before. Trying to adapt to this new side is... challenging, to say the least. I'm just saying, if you act like this at school it will be really obvious that something is up between us."

"Something is up between us," she grabbed my hands and pulled me closer to her.

"But I don't want people to know that!" I say incredulously.

She frowns.

"Please Josie, just don't do anything crazy."

"Since when do I do crazy things?" she gently pushed me down on the bed.

"You're not listening," I pout.

"I am."

"If you try anything at school or make it obvious, I'll stop this whole thing. I mean it."

"Look at you, being bossy." She pins my arms down.

"Shut up," I feel my cheeks heat up.

"You're so cute when you get flustered." She leans down and kisses my neck.

"If you're really listening to me, then why don't you practice some restraint right now." I challenge.

She pulls back to look me in the eyes.

"All you do is make out with me," I point out.

"I thought that's what you wanted, you said you wanted to mess around."

"Yeah... I mean I do. I just... I'm just saying we could do other stuff." I feel the heat in my cheeks spread to my neck.

"Other stuff? Whatever do you mean?" she teases.

"Shut up, you know what I mean."

"Do I? We can do other stuff if you want." she smiles deviously at me.

"Ugh! You're the worst!" I push her away.

She laughs and lays next to me.

"I'm just saying, practicing some restraint wouldn't hurt—"

She cuts me off by pulling me into her arms and cuddling me.

She's so warm.

She smells good.