Chapter 6: Corrupted Chrome

My parents are very... err average. My dad has a dad body, wears Hawaiian shirts on the weekends, and talks about sports all the time. His favorite sport is tennis which he used to play in college. He always makes sure to point it out when the subject comes up.

My mom isn't much better. She tries way too hard to look younger than she is. Always saying cringy things to sound "hip". She wears tracks suits to the grocery store. Her favorite pass time is watching game shows on tv. She's part of the homeowner's association in our neighborhood.

How I was spawned from these two is beyond me.

They normally just let me do whatever so long as I stay out of trouble.

Well... I'm in trouble so...

Also, in case you were wondering, their names are Katrina and Kurt, they thought it would be cute if everyone in our family had K names. I swear I was abducted as a child, no way I am part of the KKK family.

"I don't understand, Kathleen would never do something like that." My mom says to the principal as I sit through this torture.

Carson went off to class when my parents got here.

My mom has her own real estate company, my dad works with her. My family is pretty well off and my parents can basically take off work whenever they want. Which is why they were able to drive up to the school. Unfortunately.

"See for yourself," The principal set the picture of me kissing Josie down in front of my parents. He made the student newspaper send it to him.

According to this slimebag, I started a riot at the school and incited school violence. When he dies, I hope the first thing that happens to him when he gets to hell is that he's surrounded by gay demons.

My mom and dad actually gasp out loud, like we are in some soap opera or something. I have to resist the urge to facepalm.

"It was a peaceful protest, not a riot." I point out.

"I have had several students tell me they felt threatened and unsafe." He says.

"Where? The only one who's been in your office all morning is me and Ms. Lebowski when she reminded you to take your pills."

"I have had it up to here with your attitude young lady." He scolds me.

"You're so full of it," I call him out.

"Kathleen Ricki Hanson, we did not raise you like this. How dare you talk to your principal like that." Dad says.

I roll my eyes.

Why do they have to be so extra? And embarrassing. Ugh!

"We apologize for this appalling behavior," Dad says.

"Because of these actions, we are suspending Kathleen for 7 days."

"Can we go now?" I ask.

"Kathleen apologize," mom says.

"No! I'm not going to apologize when I didn't do anything wrong."

"Now! Or we are taking your car away."

"Fine! I'm sorry you think being gay is a problem but maybe if you weren't such an evil bastard the rainbow wouldn't burn your soul!" I get up and kick the chair over before walking out and slamming the door.

Fuck him.

I don't care if I do get expelled for that.

I grab my car keys and leave school, driving home.

My parents meet me there shortly after.

"What has gotten into you?" Mom asks.

"Are you gay now?" dad asks.