10 | EQUILIBRIUM

Guess who's back in after 35642258998543 years?
V short update, but I hope you guys are doing well!

::

THE TOUR HAD ENDED, LEADING THE GROUP OF THREE INTO THE SPACIOUS TRAINING ROOM OF THE TOWER. Loki's curiousity outweighed his decision to stay away from the woman, ever the more curious now as he sat before her. They sat on the thick padded floor mat, Luna now in a change of clothing that Loki had fashioned from his magic. The night dress and borrowed jacket of Roger's he found impractical for what he was about to do. The clothes were of Midgard, a simple white tee-shit and sweats, Loki tried his best not to let his eyes linger on her form.

He had asked Bruce to keep a considerable amount of distance away from them both, and he hovered by the open door, to keep an eye on them. Loki would have preferred to have him leave the area all together, the last thing he wanted to deal with was his rage filled counterpart should this go awry in any way.

"Can you tell me about your magic?" Loki asks, his eyes focused on his hands as his sedír pooled there, only glancing towards the woman when her hesitance gave way to her silence. She was watching his hands with the same wonder she had when her clothes had shimmered into place, a furrow in her brow. "I only ask so that I know what I would need,"

Her teeth worried at her bottom lip for a moment, gaze meeting his after another, "My magic consists of both light and darkness, as the moon has two sides,"

Loki stared at her confused for a minute, remembering the odd amethyst glow of the moon the night before, but decided against asking her about it and allowed her to continue with a slight dip of his head.

"I can manipulate light, and control the shadows that resides within it," She takes a breath, looking at his hands once again, "That's all there is really." She offers a shrug of her shoulders, and though Loki narrowed his gaze, he sensed no lies.

"All right." It took a moment, of Loki searching to find exactly what he was looking for. A second later, a crystal materialized between them, no bigger than his palm, several runes etched into the surface, smooth clear planes glittering against the white light overhead. In his hand appeared a silver bracelet, thin chains linked together intricately, looping over eachother to meet at the top center where an emerald pendant laid. "You spoke of a balance, and as much as I would love to see your magic in its purest form, I'd rather not disrupt that balance."

He motions for her hand with a wave of his, swiftly clasping the bracelet to her wrist where it tightened on it's own. "That will keep your magic in place, it would keep it from branching outward." He explains, catching the shifting of Bruce in his peripheral, "This crystal will test the strength of your magic in this realm, I suggest you use cast at your strongest,"

Luna watched him wearily, and Loki suppressed the urge to chuckle. Gone was that fire in her eyes that she had seemed adamant in burning him with, replaced with the hesitance of a child about to take their first steps. "Worry not, both of these items were crafted by my hands." He couldn't help his prideful tone, to which Luna rolled her eyes before moving to stand and Loki did the same.

Bruce was considerably closer than where Loki had last seen him eyeing the crystal curiously and he frowned, "Banner." Loki rose a brow when brown eyes met his and Bruce went back to his original place, "Thank you."

Luna watched between the both of them quietly, fingers fiddling with the bracelet she was given. Loki waited patiently, giving her a moment, she was unsure of herself so he remaind quiet. She took a breath and closed her eyes, and glimmering white light surrounded her fingertips. It fluctuated in brightness, the pale light, not unlike that of the moon seemed to consume her form and pulse before settling at her index finger. She gave him a look, as if asking for permission and Loki nodded toward the crystal.

The light floated off from her finger, and slowly surrounded the crystal and sunk into it. They watched quietly for a moment, as the runes glowed violently with the same pale light, the object seeming to shudder. When it hovered off the mat, Loki's brow creased, it's not supposed to do that. The light in the room dimmed considerably, being drawn into the crystal and pulsates, and once again, Loki feels the hairs on the back of his neck raise in alarm. The crystal was no longer clear, but obsidian, and cracking.

"Is that meant to happen?" Luna's worried voice reached his ears, no standing as far away from the crystal as she possibly could. Before Loki could get a word in edgewise, the crystal shattered loudly, sending shards flying in every which way.

Loki stared at the spot where the crystal was just hovering, for once, at a complete loss for words. He looked at Luna who seemed just as surprised as him, and he wondered if his bracelet had done what was intended. "It shattered," he murmured, and Bruce, who - for the sake of everyone - was unharmed, stepped back into the room.

"I'm assuming that wasn't supposed to happen?"

"Well, no. That crystal was made to withstand the fires of Musphelhiem itself." Loki eyes found Luna's again, "You are stronger than I thought,"

The lights brightened, returning to their original state as the tree simply stare at eachother. "I am sorry about your crystal," Luna says, looking sheepish, tugging lightly on the ends of her white hair.

Loki wasn't upset in the slightest, the crystal could always be remade. Though the process and time it took to do so had him inwardly groaning at the thought of doing it again. He had no time on his hands to get to Alfhiem to bargain his way into getting another piece of it or the time to enchant it without everyone thinking he was up to something nefarious. Luna approached him with tentative steps, trying to unclasp the bracelet.

"Keep it," Loki haulted her advance with a raise of his hand, "It would be better for everyone, do not take it off."

Luna seemed flustered by his actions, looking away from him, a curious reaction, he thought, but didn't question it. She shuffled awkwardly on her feet, looking as though she wanted to be anywhere but there at that moment.

"Alright, I think that's enough for today," Bruce was their saving grace as the air grew tense with the awkward silence, "How about we get lunch?"