06 | A RISK

Hello All, and welcome back! Firstly, I'm terribly sorry for the delay, things has been so hectic lately I hardly had a moment to write. Thank you for everyone who's reading, voting and commenting! It means the world to me that people are enjoying this story and I hope you lot stick around! Enjoy!

::

"We are all in the same boat, in a stormy sea, and we owe each other a terrible loyalty."

- G.K. Chesterton

::

SOL TAKES A BREATH, TRYING TO CALM HIMSELF AND THE HEADACHE HE COULD FEEL GROWING AT HIS TEMPLES. They were going to get no where with this if they continued the way they were. He hadn't tried to bring order to the thirteen voices that shouted across the table at each other.

Was this how a council to act?

When faced with a problem, however dire or inconsequential it may be, they are to put their heads together and bring about a solution.

He understood their worry and their anger, but this was no time for fighting amongst themselves. He watched silently as Sonia tried to calm everyone, standing at her spot at the table, but her pleas for peace fell on deft ears. Samuel was doing the same, though he was not much help as he only shouted at anyone who went against his sister.

Ameera sat to Sol's right, and she was staring at him, her eyes pleading for him to say something.

"If we keep fighting amongst each other it is not going to turn the situation." Sonia says calmly, though it was clear that the blonde was losing her patience. "We have to be civil -"

"Oh, right. You want us to remain civil when you only came to us three days and a moon to tell us that Luna is gone." A man snaps, his dark eyes glaring into Sonia's own, then he turned to Sol, his gold robes glinting under the candle light, "There can be no trust in this council if a matter as dire as this is only brought to our attention at this hour."

Sol's eyes darken and he took another breath to calm himself, "Now, Garreth, there is a reason why the issue was brought before you only now." The clenching of Gareth's jaw did not go unnoticed by Sol and he leaned back into his chair, it was actions like these that had made Sol wary of the council.

Garreth in particular had always tried to make himself seem higher than those around him. Sol has always valued fair play, and has told his council only once before that they would always be on equal grounds.

He doesn't think that ever sank into Garreth's head.

"As it be, the information was poorly received and instead of finding a solution, you choose yet to bicker."

Sonia finally sits down, glaring at Garreth, and slowly the tension slipped from the air around them. As everyone followed suit and settled, Sol's eyes traveled the room, taking note of the emotions that swam in everyone's eyes. They were afraid - with all right, too - and confused. There were questions that needed answering, most of them he was sure he would be unable to even surmise.

For the three days, Sol had asked Ameera, Sonia and Samuel to keep the situation between themselves as much as they could. There was no doubt that the absence of Luna would go unnoticed for long, but it bid them time to find what they could.

Which of course, didn't turn out in their favour, as not even Sol's books or the stars could give him any solution. Luna had just simply vanished.