Chapter 10: Deceit

Knowing that engaging her two opponents at the same time would prove to be her downfall, Izumi had to quickly think of a way to take care of them. She stood toe to toe with Katsuki when they were training a while back, but there was a large possibility she wasn't anymore. She didn't even know how strong Shouto was, but she was sure she'd be able to melt any ice that came her way. Mineta, who she restrained for being a pervert, was going to be of no use for the battle coming in less than a minute. "Hehe," she looked down at the floor before crouching, "I'm going to fail, aren't I?" Suddenly, an alarm blared through the building, she assumed it to be the signal to begin so she stood. "Still," she began running further into the building, "I can't not give my all in this fight!"

She had made it up one flight of stairs and stood at the bottom of another one after clearing the second floor, making sure that there was no one and nothing on the floor. She began to climb the stairs, wary that there was a trap awaiting her nearby, "Izumi!" She heard Katsuki bellow through the stairs above her, she looked up towards the ceiling, only to see that the borders of the stone were frozen. With a loud explosion, Katsuki came blasting down on a slab of concrete, "try not to die!" Izumi had a fair bit of influence on Katsuki's outfit, so she was worried when she noticed his hand on the pin that set off his most dangerous weapon. It couldn't have been filled to the brim, but if he did any working out in the five minutes they had, she would've already lost. She noticed a ceiling light gleaming off of his skin, so she knew that it was no bluff, which was why she tried to dodge. But, she was doomed the moment Shouto dropped down onto the concrete, for she couldn't budge from her spot, ice quickly encroaching over her lower half. "I hope that you won't hate me after this!" He pulled the pin, causing a flash to appear from the muzzle of his grenade like gauntlet.

This was Izumi's loss, there wasn't a doubt within her mind. However, her fist acted on it's own, hitting the ice with fiery knuckles shattered it, but there was no way she'd be able to dodge the fireball that was two meters away from her and quickly approaching. Maybe she'd be able to dodge? Left? Right? Down? She might've been able to duck, but for whatever reason the two worked together amazingly. Izumi should've acted faster, thought more about the situation, but she rushed into this without a decent plan. She took into account everything about Katsuki, but not about the partner that just surrounded her in icy walls. Melting them was out of the question, unless she had more time. The battle...had been over before it even began.

"I'm not giving up!" She shouted, a stinging pain began to form in her throat as she rushed head first into the explosion. "I," her skin burnt as she willingly immolated herself in his explosion, "will win!" Like an axe cutting through wood, Izumi split the fireball in two, landing straight on the falling concrete staircase. Katsuki, who adapted to the situation faster than Izumi could swing, blocked the kick aimed at his leg that was going to knock him down. She wasn't skilled in close combat, but she excelled in subduing her targets. Dozens of fiery ropes came from her upper back, poising themselves to attack Katsuki as she took an explosion to her stomach. With a single thought, she tried to force them to wrap around and capture him, but she didn't know that Shouto could freeze her docile flames.

Knocked onto her back, Izumi couldn't help but accept defeat, there was nothing she could do to break through their impregnable defense. When the sound of destruction ended from them, she began to hear the sound of birds chirping. Instead of the cold stone beneath her, she envisioned herself lying on warm grass as the sun beat down on her. She noticed Katsuki at her side who had picked up her left arm, holding her hand gingerly and with love. "Thanks," it was around noon, "I could barely move my arm, Kacchan." She looked at the stone ceiling, aiming her palm at the space directly above the trio. "With this," a burst of light came from her hand as it broke straight through to the outside, meaning that three different floors of concrete rubble would rain down upon them, "victory is mine." Either she'd take them with her in this trap, or she'd be trapped under the rubble.