Chapter 1: Indignation

Izumi awoke to an obnoxious pounding on her door. Each successive hit against the hollowed wood became louder. "Wake up and get out here!" Her mother yelled at her, the sound of her angered voice transferred flawlessly through door. She dreaded her. Whenever she was awake, it was difficult for Izumi to even get out of the house. Which was why she always woke up earlier than most, especially on weekends. Although she must've been tired because of hanging out with Bakugou over the course of the week. She looked at the clock that sat on her nightstand, it was ten, four hours had passed from when she usually woke up.  She got out of bed and made it straight to her door, not caring too much about her appearance. The pair of shorts she was in, did more than enough to cover her lower half, along with the big shirt she wore. She took a deep breath before unlocking and opening her door.

The face of her malice stricken mother was what first greeted her that Saturday morning. "Good morning, what do you need, mother?" Izumi was pulled through the door when her mother's hand shot up to her scalp. Her hair was practically yanked away from her as she fell to the ground. The semi curly, semi straight green hair coming from her head was strong enough to survive being dragged a few feet away.

"When were you going to tell me?" She asked, her voice rising a few pitches in anger. Izumi opened her mouth before a knee found its way into her stomach. She doubled over in pain as her mother continued. "You really tried to commit suicide at school?" Izumi's mother, who had jet black hair, kicked her knee with the sole of her foot. "You pathetic excuse for life," this was unfair. "You don't get to say when you quit," she bent down to be level with her daughter's face. "I do," a quick smack landed itself on Inko's cheek. Izumi slumped against the wall as her mother backed away, a shocked look was plastered on her face.

"No you don't! It's my life, not yours," this was the first time that she believed this routine of theirs to be unfair. "So don't think you can cont-" a cry came from Izumi when a fist broke her nose. She couldn't see the crazed look in her mother's eye when tears swallowed up her vision. A foot broke the fingers in the lone hand that wasn't covering her face. Life is unfair. She wished she could've done something about it, but life was unfair. She wished something would change, but life was unfair. She wished she hadn't been born, but life was unfair.

"Don't you dare raise your hand to me!" Izumi curled up into a ball and covered her head, knowing full well of what was to come. Things like this had happened before, but never this severe. Never had her fingers been broken, never had her nose been either. So she kind of ad-libbed what would happen, which is why she protected her head with her unbroken hand. Quickly, three kicks were delivered, all of them focused on her head. The pain was shared both between her arm and head, the same had happened in the past. Although she hadn't struck her mother, this was the first time she willingly hurt someone. She was taught to playfully hit her friends in the past, if it was necessary, so she never had any power or will behind them. This one was real, for her hand stung after delivering it, although it paled in comparison to the pain that was present every but her legs.

"I am your fucking mother," A punch landed in Izumi's chest, she could feel the crack of her mother's knuckle. That or she had broken a part of her chest cavity, "meaning that you should respect me!" She grabbed Izumi by the hair again and opened the door to her room, "now stay in there!" Izumi slid across the wooden floor as she was forced into her room with her mother's quirk. The door slammed behind her, it was difficult to breathe through her nose, so she resorted to her open mouth. "If I hear a single sound come from you, then I will come and beat you!" Her mother yelled from beyond the door.

Need to get outside, she thought, the only thing that could fix her up was herself. It was something she discovered while trying to use her quirk again. It was when she was attacked by the sentient sludge, all the pain that she felt from it gradually disappeared as she spent her day outside. Maybe if she could get some sun, then she might be able to mend her nose, and hand, back to normal. Which is why she forced herself to stand, she forced herself to be ignorant of the pain as she shuffled closer to her window. She painstakingly turned the creaky latch, taking her time with it to ensure that there wouldn't be a single sound. She couldn't tell what was going to happen if she were to make a noise. When the latch came undone she lifted the window with her left hand. It only took her a moment to crawl out; She wasn't on the ground floor, so she jumped down. An audible snap came from her knees as she landed, but at least she was free. How she'd get back inside wasn't something she was concerned with. At least not for the time being.