Chapter 13: Conviction

Izumi had never known the campus had an entire stadium, but here she was, gawking at the gigantic building at six AM with Katsuki at her side. "You've never seen a single sports festival before," they had been holding hands since they got off of the train, "Izumi?" She shook her head, a year ago she didn't even know what U.A was, "then you might enjoy the fact we're participating in it. I know I am," Katsuki hardly showed emotions other than his anger, but he could hardly contain the excitement in his voice. It had been a dream of his to participate in one of these festivals and win it. Izumi, however, neither shared his energy or his dream, she just wanted a few more minutes of sleep. But knowing that they were kicking off the events at eight AM sharp, she had to be there early. As they stepped into the building, she couldn't believe a month flew by since that Sunday Hiroshi paid her a visit. It was only a day after that the sports festival was announced to be a month from then, or, today. She used her exhaustion to lure them out, seeing as his arrival and the announcement weren't merely coincidences. Seeing the only person who could cure his quirk be tired would most likely bring him out.

"So, Kacchan, your aiming for the top, aren't you?" Izumi asked, yawning after she received a 'yes' from him. "Then I'll be rooting for you from the bottom of my heart,  but do realize that if I even come close to the top that I will try my hardest to win. You know that right?"

"Yeah, and I don't expect anything less than your best," a glint of greed appeared in his eyes, "though even your best can't defeat me."

"Kacchan...that arrogance is what got us in trouble with our other peers," it was the afternoon of that Monday that they found new rivals. Practically every other freshman class was outside their classroom, acting with the same arrogance that Katsuki normally had. Although, within the 50 or so people, one common emotion was shared. Malice. "I still get chills thinking about how hateful they were," their glares made her freeze back then, "I've never been hated by so many people at once..."

"Well it's fine isn't it," Izumi raised her brows as they continued to the locker rooms, "I mean since we're just going to beat the other classes? Aren't we?" Izumi seethed a bit, but there was only hate for his words, "relax, I'm just joking, Izumi. I just hope that they give their best," he let go of her hand as they reached the locker room doors. He pounded his hands together, "so that I can have fun as I beat them!" Izumi wasn't worried for Katsuki so much as she was worried for anyone that would get in his way. "Anyways, do good so that we can fight each other, Izumi. Then we can have a proper rematch," Katsuki sneered as he opened the door to the boys' locker room.

"Of course, I wouldn't want it any other way," Izumi said as she entered the girls' locker room. "Good luck," they both said simultaneously as they entered their respective locker rooms. Izumi took off the backpack she brought and took the gym uniform out. She unclothed, the only thing that changed about her body was the scar that covered her neck. Other than that her curves were still as small as could be, it was as if something was still holding her body back from developing. She didn't waste any time to get in her blue gym uniform; once ready she exited the locker room to see someone else was in the room beyond the lockers. "Todoroki-Kun? Why are you here so early?" He was sitting on a bench in the middle of the room, for whatever reason, he seemed just a tad more stoic today.

"Midoriya," he stood up and met her halfway, he didn't tower over her but there was still a comparable height difference. One that was four inches, "I am stronger than you." Izumi expected him to say something more, but was shocked when he didn't.

"Is...is that all? I mean you're kind of just stating a fact," Izumi couldn't tell that she was the only person Todoroki had a tough time talking to. "Seeing as you beat me during our first hero exercise," Izumi commented, the boy is his heterochromatic eyes. Maybe the reason for his difficulty was that Izumi looked past the scar over his left eye.