Prologue: Hope

"My name," a young girl with green and black hair said, "is Izumi Sato." She looked to be crying as she fell down. Her tears were falling after her, trailing behind, slower than she was. Maybe it was due to their different sizes. But she couldn't think, didn't want to. There was no reason to. Not when she could be in bliss for the last few moments of her life. Not when she could truly be happy for once. This could've been the first time she could do that, or at least the first time in a long while. The last time she'd been happy was when she was younger, when she was four.

She can hardly remember what went on that day, but there was one chunk of it that she could easily recall. Her mother had brought her to the park, where she played by herself most of the time. That day was rather different though, because her normal solitude was broken by a blond haired boy. He had stepped on the structure of sand that she was creating, causing it to crumble and become one with its billion brethren. "I conquer this playground in the name of Bakugou Katsuki," is what started her childhood crush. He was brave and hot headed, but he was also kind and friendly. It's what made her enjoy the afternoons she spent with him. But she'd never said her name, she was always too shy to tell him what it was. And because of her choice, she was afraid that she'd never find him again. One day, she was forced to stop going to the playground. It was only after that, that she realized her personal solitude was boring. The light that came into her life had brightened it up, making it feel like normalcy to her. But when it left, she was left in her self created darkness, joy had all but left her. And it completely did when she was told she would have no quirk, no superpower's. She wanted to be happy, to smile, but could only frown.

She was okay with her life being snuffed out, there was nothing in it that made her enjoy life. Which is why she accepted her fate the moment those girls had pushed her out of the window. She looked majestic, like an angel, in her own way as she fell from the fourth floor. Her tears leaving trails of glistening clear balls above her. Falling from the fourth floor would surely be enough to kill her, especially if she fell head first. But as the sound of shattering glass rang through her ears, she knew that her wish wouldn't be granted. Her wish for death was easily declined...by a blond haired boy. He jumped from the second floor, covering his face from the broken glass as he reached out to grab her. She was too stunned to move, to even think, so the boy reached for her, wrapping his arms around her. He pulled her into his warm embrace as they fell, and for once, she could swear that her heart felt warmer.

With a large thud, the duo slammed into the ground. The boy had his back on the ground whereas Izumi was on top of him. A heavy blush caused her face to redden, she couldn't tell with what emotion though. Almost all of them had dulled years ago, the only one she knew comfortably was despair and sadness. But she was soon flipped onto her back when the boy had noticed the cascade of glass that was falling above them. He absorbed the brunt of both the fall, and the glass. Which is the reason they had both gone to the infirmary together. He hadn't uttered a single word to her, despite being there for nearly half an hour. Izumi had been pulled aside, so that she could explain why she decided to fall. She explained that she didn't do it on purpose, and that she accidentally fell because she tripped. She couldn't muster the courage to throw her assailants under the bus. Which is why she lied through her teeth, which was easier than shaking her hand at this point. After that she was instructed to go home, so that she could await punishment both from the school and from her mother. She started for home, but ended up sitting somewhat outside the school's door. Waiting for the boy to come by, so that she could thank him. But her hope had begun to dwindle as night grew closer. It would always peak when the door opened, but then quickly turn into despair when it was a member of the staff or student.

She had all but given up as two hours passed by. Sadly, she began to rise. Slowly, albeit. She still clung to the hope that the blond would show up again, so that she could properly thank him. She began to hope  for him again when she heard the door swing open. It only went further from there. The remnants of hope that had remained in her from long ago were now swelling up from within her. It was him. He walked through the door and was beginning to walk over to her. "You," his sheer anger, however, shattered any form of it from within her. She wasn't expecting to be picked up by the collar of her uniform, but she also wasn't frightened when he did. Fear didn't seem to be something she knew. "Do you know how much trouble you've caused me, all because of a simple accident?" Izumi noticed the bandage on his cheek and the numerous that were placed randomly on his arms.