Chapter 4

Credit to wingsoflion on instagram.

Y/n woke up uncomfortably and was spread on a medical table. Definitely not the best place you'd randomly woken up to, but most certainly not the worst. Your mind was sluggish and there was an itchy feeling in your throat. Propping yourself up with your elbows, you started to observe your surroundings. Surprisingly enough you had not been restrained. The room looked like a typical infirmary. Three plain white walls, a small table with some syringes and scalpels, the table you laid on, the looming presence of the metal door and the nostalgic smell of antiseptics. If the fourth wall wasn't covered by a gigantic mirror, you would've believed to be alone.

You had seen one of those before, when you were doing your employment interview at Overwatch, all the offices had been occupied. Instead, you were taken to an interrogation room. The interviewer had assured you that no one was watching, but at this moment you weren't too sure about that.

Whatever the weird dark tendrils of Moira contained, It sure as hell had made your body a wreck.

Swinging your legs over to the side and reaching for the plastic cup of water, you started to think about your situation. Your old adobe wasn't much, the place was dirty and did not provide you with the luxury of hot water, but to you it was enough. Sure you couldn't help people out as much as you wanted too, and that did frustrate you at times. The chances of you getting hurt at this moment were small. Considering they really seemed to be desperate for information about mercy, because why else would they send people to investigate some rumors? At this moment you had no reason to panic.

Resisting the urge to chuck the contents of the cup without thinking, you brought it to your nose. The clear liquid had a strange smell to it. So Y/n decided it was best not to drink it. Getting up seemed to take more effort than you'd liked. Taking some time to rest your weight on your legs, you couldn't help but cling to the table.

Damn these shaking legs. Taking time to practise walking around from one side to the other, while holding the table. Well, at least it helped. Your insides stopped making funny twists with every step you took and you were able to take two steps before you needed the support of the table.

Time passed by and Y/n started to feel somewhat safe. Maybe your captatures had forgotten you? This was probably the worst time for your optimism to get out, but it made you feel pretty content nevertheless. With nothing else to do you used this time to practice and tune down your hungry stomach and dry throat.

You could only do so much with the empty space the room provided and building a pyramid with the six scalpels soon appeared to be impossible.

So you waited.

For what seemed hours you stared at the ceiling.

Y/n had been half asleep, sitting against the mirror. Obviously not the most graceful position.

When the metal door got pushed open in such a violent manner that it banged against the wall. "-don't care about your so called scientific policies," Whoever had thrown the door open grabbed your collar and pushed you up against the mirror, Slamming your head against it during the process. Silently you swore you heard something crack and there arrived a significant headache right after it.

"I need answers!" He spat. Oh dear god- this guy sounds like he smokes twelve packs of cigarettes a day. Not that you were the one to judge, everyone has their reasons, some needed more stress relief than others, or so it seems. Y/n seemed to be either in a state of denial or had a concussion, they decided it might be both.

"What answers if I might ask, my good sir?" Strange mask and built like a tank, edgy clothes? Yup definitely Reaper and he was not amused by your weak attempt at bravery.

Let's just say, the next twenty minutes weren't pretty. It definitely made you do a retake on your whole 'is this death?' ordeal from before. When he paused you were on your side and hugging your knees. You had at least two broken ribs which resulted in a sharp jab of pain with every inhale, a bruised throat, a black eye and a nose bleeding. Needless to say you hadn't spilled a word.

Shortly after Reaper stopped kicking the life out of you, Moira arrived, holding a tray with some food and a notepad.

"Oh dear, would you look at this. I get that patience is not your strongest virtue Gabriel, but if you are going to injure my patient I will ask for compensation in the future." Putting the tray aside as she lazily strolled towards you.

Crouching in front of you with the plastic cup, she brushed a few strands of hair out of your face and met your half lid eyes with a reassuring smile. You shivered and retracted as far away from her as the wall allowed.

"Get out of my way," Just like before something seemed to switch, because Moira put the cup down beside you and got up -towering well over Reaper-, much to your surprise her eyes seemed to have darkend, with the underlying promise of a storm. One that would bring heavock on everything in its way.

"Leave." She said pointing towards the door.

"Don't pretend-," You couldn't control the wheezing, "-Like you're not happy to see me like this." For some reason today was the day you decided to be confident. It hadn't helped you out with Reaper, but you might be able to survive your encounter with the scientist.

Reaper stormed out. Weakly trying to sit up, you tried to control your breathing, "Please... just leave me alone?" You managed to say through clenched teeth. She chuckled and helped you sit up. "No that simply won't do Y/n, you need to rest." Moira picked you up and hoisted you back into the table. Pressing the cup to your lips, she tilted your head up. Letting out short horted gasps, you stubbornly sealed your lips and held your breath because the blood was blocking your nose. You passed out before you could see the irked expression on Moira's face turn into something more.

The only thing you heard were some strange Gealic words, or it might have been your imagination.

"Gan mhaith-,"