Chapter 6

The victorious smile you just had one your face, got wiped away in seconds, the little sense of delight you had was taken away and a dreading sense started to creep into your mind. The blinking lights you had found so funky earlier were now casting spooky light on Moira's sharp features. Well at least of what you could see. She had her back turned at you after all, and for once you were glad to be not able to see her face. Luckily enough there was still one wide pass between the two of you.

"You should think things through before you put them into action." Moira said, referring to Sombra's earlier five star tackle move. It was such a shame you had missed it.

"Where's the fun in that?" Sombra blurted out and realized the mistake as Moira took her first tedious step forwards.

"Alright," Sombra put her hands up in defeat. Another step forward. "Amiga, wait! We can talk this out." Trying to remain calm, while her voice was almost visibly shaking and somewhat shuffling protective in front of the bowl with nachos. Still huffing, because the whole 'sprinting around a Talon base' ordeal had been very exhausting as you tried to blindly reach for the door handle. It was hard because you were still sitting against the door. While doing so you crossed eyes with Sombra. Who started to silently mouth the numbers to you the immediate second Moira's head whipped towards the sound of a beeping monitor.

One...five, two, zero... one and six?

Then it dawned to you. It was the code, of course; what first had been the measurement to lock Moira out, had now turned into the very thing that kept you locked in. Y/n gave her a slight head nod. There was no way you would be able to reach the panel without standing you thought. So you tried to silently turn around and get up.

"And how do you think to be able to compromise for all of my time you wasted?" Moira asked, her anger almost touchable as she stalked forward, towards Sombra, but halted the same moment your hand touched the panel. Hearing the pacing freeze made your heart stop and you tensend. Please...please just keep walking. "I could give you the location of doctor Ziegler?" Sombra offered. This made your hand abruptly pause. Sombra had known Angela's location all along Y/n thought shocked. She was a member of Talon, a widely known terroristic organization. Why would she keep it to herself? Trying to recollect your thoughts as you slowly moved your hand to put in the zero. Finally you put in the last digit. The door made a clicking sound, which echoed through the room like a cannon shot.

The daunting silence hadn't come to your attention. Unbeknownst to you Sombra had stopped talking.

"What do we have here?" A voice suddenly whispered in your ear. Oh...no. Your whole body went rigid. Feeling the presence of someone close behind you. Meanwhile your shaking fingers tried to push the door handle. You just need some time. A hand stopped you from doing so, softly grabbing your palm and pushing it away from the door. How did she move behind you? You should've heard her approach you at least. Slowly turning and trying to dismiss the sound of soft breathing next to your ear. Finally facing Moira.

She was towering over you like a pessimistic cloud. Her hair was not combed backwards; like the first time when you met, instead it hung around her face in a loose manner, still ruffled from the brawl. She was wearing a black button up and a purple tie, which was wrinkled and twisted. When you had fully turned your noses almost touched. Making you flinch. You must be looking pretty pathetic right now. Sweat dripping down your forehead, your hair probably even more messed up than hers, and a water stain ruining your paper dress.

"I- I didn't mean to... inconvenience you..." Y/n stuttered out, stumbling over their words. Trying to look somewhere well, anywhere else than the woman's eyes. Since you were trapped between her body and the door it didn't leave you many options other than moving your head; so you were staring over her left shoulder instead. Giving you a brief few into the room again, Sombra's body laid limp on the ground. Wait. When did that happen? There wasn't a single possibility for you to not have heard a body fall to the ground. Swallowing in an attempt to hide your discomfort you glanced over to the glowing screens instead.

Of course you were wary of her. You'd seen this woman change her mood the same the people had changed their opinions about Overwatch; in an instant. It had surprised you before and you won't let it happen again. Pained groaning interrupted whatever Moira response was, so instead she put her hand on your lower back and guided you out of the room. Slowing down to take one last look inside the room. Sombra's body was shaking when she slowly started to get up again, barely on her knees when you heard her mumble something along the lines of: "Oh -what the hell was in that syringe...ugh...Way to ruin my new found friendship-"

"You," Moira waved an assistant over, who had just been passing by, "Make sure to tell Sombra that we'll have to talk in the foreseeable future about the meaning of the word 'property' and put her in house arrest. She's not to leave this base; even if it burns to the ground, until I personally tell her to do so." Y/n grimaced. Property? Is that what you are to her?

"Yes ma'am."

The hallways were a lot more crowded than before, you noticed as you passed a group of people in lab coats. High chances were that it was because of a more favorable hour on the clock. You wouldn't know what time it was; since you'd entered this place you hadn't seen a window nor anything else on which you could base the time of the day on. It was quite frustrating actually.

"You have questions." Moira stated, breaking the uncomfortable silence. The pressure of her hand left your back and appeared on your upper arm instead. A somewhat silent treat underlined with the pressure of her claw like nails. "I suppose since I will be questioning you, I might as well answer some of them in return Y/n." It was pleasant to hear her voice.

"Why didn't you take Sombra's offer? You seem like someone who doesn't like to waste her time." Y/n was met with a sly grin, before Moira answers:

"Because I want to see the look on Dr Ziegler's face when she realizes you were the one who betrayed her."