Chapter 10_

It was cold, but thankfully it wasn't winter yet, you thought. Y/n was lucky that the pilot of this aircraft had left spare clothes and some basic rations. Probably for long emergency flights. They were oversized, but you weren't complaining. You felt some guilt when you stole the clothes, but you absolutely hated the medical dress. Not only because of the blood and water stains, but the way the paper fabric felt just like you know...paper. The only bad thing was your lack of shoes. But who in the world would need extra shoes? Imagine a Talon pilot running into his aircraft without them.

The aircraft had dropped you off into a seemingly random field and the moment you'd set both feet onto the ground it had flown away. Probably back to the Talon base. It had taken hours to get here, passing over big chunks of sea, and you used the time to take a nap and regain some energy.

'Some' is the key word.

Whenever you closed your eyes either Reapers kicking leg or Moira's grinning face would appear. As much as you hated to admit it, the latter had gotten to you. It was both unsettling and appealing at the same time, moreover it shouldn't be anything near appealing, the woman -or mad doc as Sombra liked to call her-, had literally destroyed an innocent bunny and called it research. A true disgrace to science. Anyways the thing that matters was that you'd had some sleep and that's still better than nothing, right?.

Stretching your arms and legs as you observed the scenery for a while. It was just a normal field surrounded by a forest. There were damp leaves all over the ground and you even saw a small squirrel family hopping around. You'd imagine this place to be absolutely astonishing if it had been Spring, with wild flowers sprouting from the ground and impenetrable bright green vegetation. It was too bad that it was Autumn, and thus everything was dead or dying. Your feet stood in the wet grass and you were sure that it wouldn't take much time until they were soiled with mud. It didn't take long for Y/n to spot a road. It seems like luck was one your side today! (Apart from the cold feet, but from the bright sight: You didn't end up restrained on Moira's stretcher.) Taking a few deep breaths as you finally started to walk.

It didn't take long for Y/n to find a small town. Since the field was high up, the road gave a nice overview of the town, which was spread out in a valley below. After asking around for a bit, the locals tell you that your destination is a neighboring town. If only you had walked into the other direction. On the other hand, if you had done so you would probably meet face to face with some ominous clouds which you had been trying to out walk. There was one lady who looked at you with compassion, after listening to your question and seeing you run around like a lost puppy.

"Overwatch huh?" You weren't too sure how to give a correct answer and you were more than ready to bolt. She looked at you with compassion as she continued "They really did you dirty." Trying to hide your discomfort you decided to take a step back. Wait. She was on your side?

"I am not with Overwatch. We...disbanded, remember?" You were cold and tired. You should be cautious and you knew it, but you had nothing to lose. Hell, not only had the rain clouds moved a lot closer, the sun was setting as well. So it was either getting freezed to death or getting kidnapped by this woman. Still you weren't ready to get arrested for engaging in 'Overwatch activity'.

"Sure thing," She said definitely not buying it, 'How about this kid: You hop into my car and I'll bring you to my mother's house. During the ride you can tell me what happened to ya." Deciding not to respond to the 'kid' part you just nodded. You were a grown adult, yet she was old enough to be your big sister by a long shot. There started to emit soft lights from the windows as soon as the sun disappeared behind the horizon. Getting hit by the smell of food as you moved past houses towards a parking lot you couldn't help but drool on the inside.

So that's how Y/n ended up in a strangers car. Hahaha getting kidnapped it is. Who knows, she might even feed you.

It didn't turn out as bad as you thought it would be. Astrid Lindholm was carrying most of the conversation, she was one of brigittes older siblings and you learned that Astrid became a baker, to try continuing the legacy of her mothers legendary pies. Astrid had a bunch of kids as well, but you forgot their names rather quickly. In return you gave her the general story of what had happened to you. Leaving most details out and joking your way through. The rain clouds reached the car somewhat midway during the drive just when you were telling about Sombra's random carve for tacos and you were glad that you hadn't bolted. Astrid was good company.

You finished your tale at the same time as you reached your destination. It was hard to see through the pouring rain, but you were able to fagualy make out the shape of a big house on top of a hill. You bade Astrid goodbye and apologized for the mess your feet had left in the car. She just laughed it off, saying her kids usually made more of a mess than you had done.

Y/n walked towards the house and became soaked before even reaching the door as you moved over the slippery steps. When you finally reached the porch you were happy for the protection it gave against the elements. There was a warm glow emitting from one of the windows and the smell of warm food hit you in waves, much in the same it had done in Astrid's village. You could make out the soft voices of two people inside and soft laughter as well.

With some hesitation you knocked on the wooden door.