Chapter 8

"We'll start off with some fairly easy questions." Moira held some kind of charismatic air around her, combined with a seemingly uncaring edge and it overflowed the room.

Your stomach made a hungry twist. Damn it. You had gone through all the pain to get the food, but you never managed to grab more than a few bites, so you were still hungry. Definitely not favorable in this situation. It was a good thing you had a plan: the silent treatment. Hopefully it would work. The only thing you needed to do was keep your emotions in check and to stop behaving impulsively.

"Y/n would you like something to drink?" It was indeed an easy question. Were you going to answer it? "..." Absolutely not. Trying to hold your tongue and avoid blurting out the response which was stuck in the back of your throat, due to habites of being polite. Still remembering the weird cup she'd so desperately tried to make you drink. You just look at her nose like it's the most interesting thing in the world.

"We could always give you to the government." She opted. Poking to get a reaction. The government? Not the worst option. Not at all. Being here was not as bad as you thought it would be. You might start to settle here if they don't send Reaper to ruffle you up soon.

Moira gives up and just stares back at you. Expressionless. Fine two can play at that game. Shifting uncomfortably in your seat you move your head to look somewhere else. There was not much to look at. The walls were bland and other than that there was a vase and a screen, turned in a way you weren't able to look at it. The flower the vase held was some kind of Eyebright, but the colours on the little flowers were slightly off. The whites were too clean and the yellow dots too bright. You'd remember this peticulair plant because of its capabilities to treat eye infections; but it was still odd to showcase it in a vase, the thing looks more like a weed than anything else.

"It's a Glanrosc gaelach, native to my country," Moira explained as she stroked the petals lovingly, seemingly lost in thoughts. Her change of tactics threw you off, as did the way she pronounced the foreign words. Was she trying to butter you up? What if she already knows? What if she's just playing with you right now? A small voice whispers in the back of your mind. A sting in your hand stopped your negative row of thoughts.

Ah...without knowing it your pointing finger had been scratching your thumb until the skin broke, making a small drop of blood pour out. It was a sign of stress, and a bad habit you had failed to erase in the past. It seems like Moira's presence was getting more to you than you would like to admit. Promptly moving your thumb to put it inside your mouth, trying to avoid ruining the paper dress, because god knows for how long they'll make you wear it.

Moira's hand clasped around your wrist and pulled you out of your chair, before your hand did as much as touching your lip. Making your upper body lean on the desk in an uncomfortable manner and your toes barely touched the floor.

"Ah-?!" Your original tactic to remain silent is long forgotten, because of this sudden change of positions. Giving an alarmed tug at your arm as your instincts shouted at you to get away. The grip on your wrist didn't falter. Moira's eyes were mere slits and she let out a displeased huff. Her nails bore into your skin, because of your struggles, making ugly streaks of red appear. Using your free hand to claw at Moira's arm to make her stop.

"You are soft Y/n. Distracted. Acting on emotions. Useless." She scolded; her patience demander finally broke as she leaned back and let go of you. Every word she said stung and you stumbled to get back at your feet. Moira's hand opening a drawer had slipped out of your attention.

"Now tell me," Moira got out of her chair and folded her hands behind her back, "where is Dr Ziegler?" She slowly started to stalk towards you.

"She-...I don't know..." Y/n said in a quiet voice. Panicking on both the inside and the outside, trying to make sense of this situation. All the confidence you had when you'd entered the office was teared away by your own doudt. Looking around for a way out, when you knew that there was only one. The door behind Moira's approaching figure. Her lips were pursed and her steps confidently making soft sounds as they hit the floor.

"You look like a scared bunny Y/n." She chuckled as her long boney fingers grasped your chin. Lifting it so you were meeting eye to eye instead of looking at her chest.

Your eyes met hers bewildered and your lips were slightly parted as you tried to formulate a complete sentence to defend yourself.

"I.. You can't-... Don't." Your finger was beating at the same pace as your heart and it was really distracting you. The blood was leaving small marks as your hand clutched a piece of your dress.

"How about this. If you tell me Dr Ziegler's location I'll let you go. You will be free to do whatever you'd like and Talon won't go after you in the future." Moira offered. Her eyes skimmed over your face and seemed to linger a bit longer on your lips then you'd like.

You couldn't answer this. There's no way-

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Soft knocking on the door took away the silence that had dawned on the room after Moira had spoken. "Dr O'Deorain? Widowmaker reported some problems with her venom mine. She just send it in and we can't safely stop the radical chain reactions. Would you like to assist us?" You recognized the voice and connected it to the screaming lab assistant whom you had faced in front of the kitchen.

Moira's face twisted with vexation and her hand let go of your chin as she used it to pinch the bridge of her nose instead. "It's just some bromine you fools. Are you all incapable of handling it by yourself?" The assistant made an attempt to substantiate his request, "Ugh. No don't even bother," She turned her back to you and moved to the door.

"I desire an answer when I return Y/n." Moira snarled while you were left looking at her retreating form. Her cold touch still lingering in your mind. You finally noticed the syringe which she had hidden behind her back as she put it on the table in a hurry.

She opened the lock and barely left enough room to slip through as the door shut again, making it difficult for you to catch more than a glimpse of the lab behind her and leaving you hopelessly locked inside of the office.