Chapter 7

After that answer Y/n couldn't bring it up in them to speak their mind. All of this, just for the sake of Moira's personal vendettas, and you were right in the middle of it. But still in the back of your head you had so many other burning questions you wanted to fire at her. Like, how did she find you? How did the cut on her leg magically disappear? What was wrong with her right hand? How did she manage to patch you up, after Reaper almost beat you to death? And one but not least: How did she move through a solid metal door! There was not a single law in physics which explained moving solid matter through an already occupied space. At least not one you knew of.

Much to you surprise you weren't let back to the old room. Instead Moira led you through multiple hallways with big glass panels in the walls, showing both labs and meeting rooms. Most of them still unoccupied and sometimes there would be a few people setting things up. After walking past a few of them, one in particular managed to get your attention: Two young lads were fooling around, making silly faces and shoving each other around. Without realizing you had stopped walking and a small smile managed to appear on your face.

It was good to know that places like Talon still had a bunch of jokers around, at least these two and Sombra had managed to show you. Of course the people working inside the enemy camp were human (or omnic) as well, having friends, goals and futures; but after seeing what they had done to your friends and allies,- Screaming for their missing family members, blood spread around in the same fashion a fountain would, burning buildings, fleeing terrified civilians. Your smile turned into a frown. No, you couldn't let yourself humanize these people.

Y/n was still having a moral internal conflict when the pressure of Moira's nails disappeared, making them look up from the display in front of them. She was again wearing an observant mask, her eyes however seemed to glint with despise. "I do not pay them to run around like a bunch of children." Moira sneered, referring to the two inside the lab. Feeling somewhat bad, because if you hadn't stopped walking Moira would probably not even know about their existence. "Ah...h-..how did you find me?" Y/n asked, trying to divide Moira's attention.

"It was quite simple; though I have to admit you were not the one I was hoping to find," She turned and started to walk, giving you no choice but to follow if you wanted to know the answer, "A rumor was all we had. Some child 'magically' surviving a near death situation in your area." Moira replied. Yes that particular decision had been... somewhat reckless. Bitterly thinking back, it had been a panicked decision on your part, but worth it nevertheless even if it did bring you to this place.

"Then what would you have done, if you had been in my position? Let her die?" To be honest you didn't even want the answer to this question. This woman's morals were close to being non existent.

Moira had stopped in front of a door and moved to the side to swipe a card.

"I think you already know the answer." She stated, when the door opened and she walked through it. This woman was unbelievable; how could she consider the death of a defenseless child for the sake of her own safety? Her morals were absolutely disgusting.

The hallway turned into a pathway between two labs; only separated by some movable glass panels. They both held a lot of seemingly random doors. One of them held more desks filled with papers and books, than actual lab instruments and the other contained more of the latter. Having brewing stands, microscopes, neatly stacked papers, screens and an ominous stretcher in the corner which included thick leather straps to hold struggling patients down. There were plants inside small glass-like showcases with different lights and probably different temperatures as well. They didn't seem to be from the same continent at all. The left lab had a big holoscreen which displayed the night sky while the other lab held cabinets which would be unreachable for you, unless you'd stand on one of the tables.

Moira leads you through the lab with the unreachable cabinets, but sees you ogle the other lab. "Siebren is not here at the moment." She explained as she opened a door, showing you a small office. Y/n took a quick peek at a paper on top of the stack after having heard the clarification. A report about RNA interference on a Leporidae? Interesting if it weren't for the gruesome picture on the bottom showing the bunny with a bleeding muggle and white eyes caused by damage to the cornea. Failed was all the red stamp on the picture said.

A small cough made you jerk away from the paper. "I do hope you're not thinking of plagiarizing it Y/n? No 7 was my last given subject, but it failed to meet my expectations and I doubt the public would want to read this." She seemed... so amused about this. The poor thing must've been terrified when it died by her hands.

"Of course not. You were just torturing the poor thing!" What was she on about? You had absolutely no reason to steal this, you merely looked at it out of curiosity. Not to mention that you were literally stuck here in a Talon base. You let out an irritated sigh as you walked into the office. The door made a small click sound as it closed and you couldn't help but be weary. You flopped into a seat and Moira soon followed, taking the time to redo her tie while she folded her legs neatly. Intertwining her hands as she leaned towards you with a gaze full of some kind of predatory interest.

You knew this woman's goal. All you just needed to do was prevent her from getting it. If things worked out for you she might end up crawling back to Sombra for the answer.