Chapter 5

Credit to GiannaTheHuman on Twitter.

When you stirred, everything seemed to be fine. No tiredness. No broken ribs. No pain, just a dry throat and an empty stomach. Someone had switched you out of your old clothes for one of those generic hospital dresses. To your dismay its fabric felt like paper, but it was still a small improvement. Gazing up you were met by a pair of curious eyes. Sitting on a chair next to the table was a woman with implants on her head and a bright purple outfit. Yeah, the chair was definitely new.

"Lo siento, but you'll have to do with me for today, the crazy scientist had to do a maintenance check on Gabe." She stated. "Not much to do here," Eying the room with somewhat contempt, she perked up and grabbed you, dragging you up with her.

"We are going to rob the kitchens," She declared. "I think the both of us will do well with a snack!" It was all Y/n needed to hear. Instantly deciding on liking this person, and so you muttered your agreement on the matter.

The two of you had almost reached the end of the hallway when a loud "Ahem." reached your ears, making you freeze. "Sombra, I just asked you to keep an eye on them for five minutes, is that too much to ask of you?" Grinning the purple haired woman turned and whispered in your ear: "We better run now." Not even receiving time to comprehend the meaning behind her words you were again dragged along. This time in a more urgent way. It didn't take long before a set of footsteps followed. Sombra pulled you along as the hallways and corridors flew by in a blur, past several guards who didn't even bat an eye at you. Until she finally halted in front of a door and unlocked it. Sombra let out a childish giggle as she pushed Y/n into a room, sealing it and letting herself wipe away some imaginary drop of sweat.

"A storage ro-?...Mpfm!" Sombra managed to effectively silence you, by abruptly putting her hand on your mouth. Disgruntled mumbling could be heard outside the door and hastily footsteps passed by. It might not be the best of situations, but the ability to run around sure was something. After the sound of footsteps echoed away, Sombra opened the door and took a peek and ultimately decided it was safe to go.

Sneaking through the base, with its endless hallways spread around like a maze, until you reached the promising double doors towards what you feigned to be the kitchens. "Ah! This sweet victory needs to be celebrated with some good 'ol nachos," She let go of your hand and dramatically swung the doors open in union. "You and I are going to be the bestest of friends." Words couldn't describe the beaming smile and the somewhat evil glint in her eyes. If it wasn't for the promise of food you would've been suspicious.

Soon after Sombra started darting around, swiftly throwing open cabinets and drawers, until she held up a bag. "Tadaaa! Momma is going to take real good care of you." Y/n let out an awkward cough. "Is it alright...if I just grab some water?" Sombra just swirled around with the bag and let out a "hmm!" Taking it as a yes, you moved over to one the cabinets and grabbed a glass.

Staring at the wall you started to think. You had been given a serious beating, yet everything seemed to be fine. Quite the miracle that is. Reaper huh? Why would the guy hate you - no Mercy so much? "Oh, you mean Gabe?" You hadn't noticed Sombra sneaking behind you, with a bowl. Nor the fact that you had been mumbeling your thoughts. But it was enough to spook you and spill some of the drinks contents over your ugly hospital dress. You almost dropped the glass too. "Well," she blurted out, "He used to be on your team you know?" Reaper on your team? Y/n couldn't help but let out a sarcastic snort. "Did he beat you or something? He had a bad run in with your monkey a few days ago. You shouldn't take it personally. " The beeping sound of the microwave could be heard and Sombra let out a cry of satisfaction, rushing to get her beloved food. Even though it was nice to know that Winston was still up and running, there was still some concern in your mind. He was your former colleague after all.

"Come on! What are you waiting for?" Sombra had appeared behind you and offered you some of the bowls contents before announcing a "Off to my room we go!" whilst at the same time dramatical swinging her free arm. So still munching on some of the crispy chips you pushed open one of the kitchen doors, only to be met face to face with a lab assistant. The poor thing must've been going on a break or getting coffee for someone. He regarded the both of you with wide eyes and only took a mere few seconds to respond.

"Here they are!" He called out. Alarming Sombra, whoms view had been hindered by your back. With some quick thinking you threw open the other door and bolted through, Sombra soon followed you, but not without turning to the assistant, making a salut motion with her free hand and saying: "Ahì nos vidrios." She winked. Sombra proceeded to outrun you (still with the bowl in her hands) and guided you through the building once again. Cutting corners and throwing people off, followed by their alarm. Ha what a sight this is.

All would have been well if Sombra hadn't turned a corner and doubled back. "Okay, so my room? Definitely not an option. The mad doc is camping on us." Sombra explained. "Hmm. Alright! I'll distract her and you run for the door. " She whispered. "Hold this." Pushing the bowl into your hands, she crouched and peeked around the corner.

"If anything happens to them I will come and make your life a personal hell." It was spoken out in a jokingly manner, but the look on her face was enough to make Y/n shiver. "They'll be safe, alright? I promise."

Making a hand motion; Sombra disappeared, leaving nothing at the place where she just stood before you. A soft touch on your nose made you tense and you heard a playful "Boop." You let out a muted chuckle. Soon after it you heard a lot of commotion. "Hola, amiga! What's up?" Taking it as you sign, you rushed around the corner. Seeing the stoic doctor toppled over with the smaller woman on top was really hilarious. Caging the struggling Moira with her arms as Sombra threw in all the weight she had to keep Moira down. "Let me go this instance." Moira exclaimed. You had to squeeze past them to reach your destiny. Eventually making it to the door, you opened it and threw yourself inside, all whilst protecting the bowl.

"Close the door!" Soon after the yell a strange device flew inside, almost hitting you. Complying Y/n closed the door with a huff. Cutting off a friend was not something you'd usually do, but she had ordered you to. Gasping for air you sat down against the door and observed the new environment. The room was overall dark, but there were a lot of purple blinking lights, and huge screens as well. "I'm out of here." Sombra appeared in the same place where the glowing thing had landed before. Swiftly typing in some nummers the door let out a satisfying click as if to confirm it was locked.

"Hey. I never managed to catch your name in all this?" Sombra wondered out loud, when she took the bowl out of your hands, offering you some as well. "Ah well...it's Y/n L/n" You answered, still trying to catch your breath. "Y/n, my partner in crime. Yes that will- Oh, es en serio!?" She yelped out.

Moira had appeared in front of you. And boy was she pissed.