Chapter 9_

It took you a few seconds to realize what had happened and your eyes widened in embarrassment. It didn't take more than a few steps to reach the door. Locked. Of course it was. You spend some time pacing back and forth. Continuing to claw at the tingy scratch until it started to bleed in a steady flow. The feeling was somewhat reassuring, but it didn't last for long. The moment you looked at the syringe on top of the desk you felt your heart sink.

This woman made every red flag in your head appear and multiple big neon warning signs as well. You finally understood Angela's feelings towards Moira. You needed to get out of here. Rummaging through the desks drawers trying to find anything useful, you just stumbled across a small bottle. The labels told you that it contained ketamine: A strong sedative. The amount of fluid that was missing in the bottle seemed to align with the capacity of the syringe. So Moira had planned on knocking you out huh? Why wouldn't she do the creepy thing with her hand? Dismissing the thoughts you grabbed the syringe and tried to steady your hands.

After thirty minutes or at least you thought what had been thirty minutes. (You still hadn't seen a clock nor a window since you had entered the Talon base.) You heard footsteps approaching. Clutching the syringe and hiding behind the door you waited. The door opened and whoever did so took a few steps forward and immediately stopped. Searching for you Moira seemed to expect you to be hidden behind the desk. Not wasting a second, you dashed forward and plunged the syringe in her shoulder.

"You...Hgn!" A tray dropped out of her hands and her body was trembling, still trying to keep her standing, until after a few moments of visible struggle she sunk to her knees. Moira had been midway turning towards you and you were able to see the disbelief in her face turn into anger and understanding. Her eyes closed and her breathing became steady as she collapsed with the floor. She looked so...peaceful? The stern expression was gone and she was quite handsome when you took the time to look at her face without getting scanned through by her eyes. Turning her around to tap her down until you found a keycard, which hung around her neck with a small cord.

You dashed for the door. Passing the lab in a blur you opened the door to get out of it. Running through the base until you started to see more people. The hallways with labs started to turn into more general rooms, ranging from offices to interrogation rooms like the one you had been in. You had been running around without a plan until you passed a familiar door. Backtracking you stared at it. Almost jumping out of your skin when you felt a hand land on your shoulder.

'Ha," Sombra was huffing and weezing, trying to catch her breath, "You sure do run fast. Look I am just here to help you out." She gave your shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

"Why?" You managed to say. Slightly confused about Sombra's alignments. She didn't seem to be the kind of person to stay loyal to one person in particular, but on the other hand she had given you food, so you were willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Reaching to your chest as you felt the sweat drip from your forehead. Your heart was beating like you had just run a marathon.

"A friend called me in for a favour, which includes you and Dr Ziegler. It also didn't sit well with me to leave you with the mad doc. Believe me I have seen the things she did to her other subjects and it ain't nice. So I am going to get you out of here Y/n. Also, while we're at it tell me how you got here." Sombra said in one breath. She let go of your shoulder and extracted her arm towards you. "So what do ya say. Wanna get out of here?"

"Sure?" You grabbed her hand and shook it.

"That's my partner in crime," She exclaimed proudly. Grabbing your bleeding hand she started to drag you through the base in the same manner she had done when you'd first met. Seemingly not caring about the stains it created on her radiating outfit.

"I may or may not.. have drugged Moira." Y/n said, and hurriedly continued: "It should work for about forty minutes, but there is a chance that someone finds her before it works out and I am not sure how much time has passed since I left the lab."

"Good." Sombra smirked and pushed you through an inconspicuous door. A breeze of fresh air hit you and it took you some time to get used to the brownish colours. Trees, bushes and the sound of happily singing birds. It was a big change compared to the white hallways and bright led lights. It was still Autumn so Y/n couldn't have been locked here for more than a week. Y/n stood there in the doorway, grinning like a fool until some alarms started blaring.

"Come on Y/n we gotta move." Looking back at the base you noticed that only a few of the top floors seemed to have windows. It really did look like an angry cube. Staying relatively close to the building and taking a beat up pathway. Sometimes you needed to hide behind things to avoid guards running towards the base. And others didn't seem bothered at all, ignoring everything including you and Sombra as you walked by.

Sombra guided you towards an enormous launchpad. There were huge aircrafts and small plaines as well. Damn...you had infiltrated some of Talons bases back in the day Overwatch still existed but none had this much equipment. It must be because no one was keeping them in check, since Overwatch was gone and all that.

"This one will fly you to Sweden. They won't be able to track you. What you do after that is on you Y/n. I won't be able to help you out more than that." For once Sombra seemed to be serious. Giving you a reassuring smile as she pushed you in and turned to leave. On que the aircraft's engines turned on and it started to heat up.

"Wait," Y/n called out, "Who is your friend?" You had been beating your head for the entire walk -or speedrun about it, and you still couldn't think of anyone who would have connections with Sombra and favour Dr Ziegler.

"Let's just say that an old friend of mine was a big fan of Dr Ziegler's work. Put a good word in for me 'kay?" And with that the door closed and you took off.

Small note: Yes your ass just got saved by Baptiste and you don't even know it. I am very sorry that I wasn't able to fully stick with the cannon stories. I would like to apologize in advance as well (I'll explain it later).