Chapter 10

"But you look, you look so perfect dancing next to me. I wish the sun would look the other way." ~Zach Herron/Corbyn Besson, Lotus Inn

"If you want," Corbyn says, playing with his food, "the guys and I are recording today. You can come."

I grin, dropping my plate in the sink. "Yes! I can finally hear you sing in person! Without a million people screaming."

Corbyn laughs. "I only have a small part in the song. And harmony."

I overdramatize a jaw drop. "That is so unfair."

He shrugs. "I can't control it."

"Technically, you could," I tell him. "You do. But the controlling is divided in fifths."

(Okay, why in the fuckin universe am I smiling so big right now? I'm grinning like the fuckin Cheshire Cat.)

"Exactly," Corbyn drags out, waving his fork at me. "So I can't really control it."

"You can!"

"I can," he starts, and I nod, "but sometimes I just don't care or I'm just lazy. And sometimes Daniel has crazy ideas that everyone agrees on."

I do another jaw drop.

Corbyn looks at me, and then does his signature shock face.

His face somehow looks weirder when he does this and you're actually there watching him.

I snap my mouth shut. "Yeah, I'm never going to compare to that face."

He laughs. "I'm just way amazing."

I furrowed my eyebrows. That doesn't sound right.

Corbyn catches my look, and shakes his head. "I don't understand how you don't understand that."

"Whatever," I say. "And yes, and I will obviously go see you and the guys sing. Are you guys going to do a video?"

Corbyn nods. "Yup. It's going to be mega fun."

"Why?"

"You'll see."

~

"Yeah. I saw you movin' on the dance floor. I caught you lookin' over at me and my friends. Got my attention, now I want more. I think we both know how this night's gonna end," Jack sings into the mic. "The way that you move your hips to the rhythm of the beat. You got me so nervous, think I need another drink. But then you grab my hand, said, "Baby, come with me." This wasn't a part of the plan, no."

Zach sings next. "But you look, you look so perfect dancing next to me. I wish the sun would look the other way."

Jonah does the chorus. "'Cause I never want this night to end. Baby, we could turn back time, do it all over again. Tomorrow we can press rewind. We're staying at the Lotus Inn. Baby, we could turn back time, do it all over again. Tomorrow we can press rewind. I never want this night to end."

"Played you this song up on the stereo," Daniel starts the next verse. "You played it over and over again. Before it even hit the radio, oh-woah-oh. Now they spin it over and over again. We've had a few good nights and a couple of bad ones. A few bad fights but I'm glad that they happened. And at the end of the night, I can honestly say I'd do it over and over and over again, yeah."

And then Corbyn gets up to sing his part. "But you look, you look so perfect dancing next to me. I wish the sun would look the other way."

Jonah again with the chorus. "'Cause I never want this night to end. Baby, we could turn back time, do it all over again. Tomorrow we can press rewind. We're staying at the Lotus Inn. Baby, we could turn back time, do it all over again. Tomorrow we can press rewind. I never want this night to end."