Chapter 12

"Tell me, have you seen a sunset turn into a sunrise, kiss right through the night? 'Cause we should try that sometime, hold you till the morning. And if I said I'm fallin', would you just reply, 'I know you are, but what am I?'" ~Daniel Seavey, What Am I

Corbyn lay out a blanket, and sat on it, then looked at me. "Come sit, Izzy. Watch the sunset with me."

I grin, sitting down beside him.

We stay silent for a while, until Corbyn clears his throat.

"I'm thinking of singing for you right now," he whispers.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

I look at him, and he shrugs.

He runs to his car, and comes back with a guitar.

He sits back down, tuning it.

And then starts to play a familiar tune. A tune I've heard so many times.

And he starts to sing. His sweet voice filling the night.

"I met her on a Monday evening. She was standing outside the park and ride.

And I said, 'Hey ma, where ya been. Been lookin' for a woman like you for all my life.'

And she said, 'Hola, talk to me, before I have to leave.'

And one day, we could be, maybe more than two lost souls just passing by," he smiles at me before continuing. "Knew I was falling when I looked inside your eyes. And she said, 'I know you are, but what am I?'

Tell me, have you seen a sunset turn into a sunrise, kiss right through the night?

'Cause we should try that sometime, hold you 'till the morning,

And if I said I'm falling, would you just reply, 'I know you are, but what am I?'"

He grins at me now, and looks back down to play his guitar.

He even does the echoes.

"Open the door to my apartment, we get in.

Kissin' on my neck, and throwing my jacket to the side.

I know your heart is beating quick, and if you put your head on my chest hear the same in mine.

And we'll be, makin' love until the sun comes up.

And one day, maybe I, I could put a ring on your finger before you change your mind."

I laugh when he scrunches his nose at that.

"Knew I was falling when I looked inside your eyes. And she said, 'I know you are, but what am I?'

Tell me, have you seen a sunset turn into a sunrise, kiss right through the night?

'Cause we should try that sometime, hold you 'till the morning,

And if I said I'm falling, would you just reply, 'I know you are, but what am I?'"

I can't help but laugh again as he does the echoes. He's too cute.

"Tell me, have you seen a sunset turn into a sunrise, kiss right through the night?

'Cause we should try that sometime, hold you 'till the morning,

And if I said I'm falling, would you just reply, 'I know you are, but what am I?'" He sings so softly, it's incredible.

"Tell me, have you seen a sunset turn into a sunrise, kiss right through the night?

'Cause we should try that sometime, hold you 'till the morning,

And if I said I'm falling, would you just reply, 'I know you are, but what am I?'" He finishes with one last guitar strum and places the guitar down.

I clap softly, trying not to ruin the moment. "That was amazing, Corbyn."

He blushes, looking down. "Thanks, Iz."

I scoot beside him, patting his hair. "Thank you for singing for me."

He hugs me, as he moves back in front of me.

I hug him back and we stay like that for some time.

And then we lie on our backs, and Corbyn teaches and shows me all the different constellations.

I grab his right arm, tracing both tattoos.

He watches me, smiling slightly.

I touch his other arm, tracing the bow and arrow.

I then go to the one that's for sure there, the one near his neck.

1998.

Lastly, I place my fingers over the moon cycle, over every figure.

I look back at him. "Where's the 8 letters one?"

He grins. "You know all of them, don't you?"

I nod.

"But I'll show that one later," he sits up. "And look, the sun is starting to rise."

We both look to the sky, where a lovely sunrise is glowing.

When the sun is full in view, we head back to the car.

"I'm a little tired," I tell him.

He nods. "When we get home, we'll sleep."

I nod, smiling. "I liked that. The stars."

"Me too."