Chapter 15

"You look so beautiful, you walked out of a dream. I never felt this way before, your eyes are all I need to make forever feel like just a little while. I swear I'd walk, I'd run, I'd even learn to fly. Just to see you smile." ~Daniel Seavey, Just To See You Smile

I sigh, resting my head on Corbyn's shoulder. "Today was tiring."

"Yeah," he agrees. "It was fun, though."

"Agreed."

I snuggle closer to Corbyn, and him being... well, him, wraps his arm around my shoulders.

He grabs his book, flipping to a page, reading.

After a while, I don't know why, I put my face in the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent.

God, I'm weird.

He starts rubbing my back, just like last night.

I hear him put his book down, he grabs underneath my knees, moving me to sit on his lap.

I lift my head. "What are you doing?"

He doesn't reply, but he doesn't have to.

His face is so close, his eyes a glittering green.

And suddenly, all I can see are his eyes. They're asking a question. The question.

I tilt my face up in reply. He closes the space, his warm lips touching mine. (Writing that made me smile)

His arms tighten around me, pulling me even closer to him. My arms go up, around his neck.

I feel his lips part, and then feel his tongue touch my bottom lip. I part my lips too, letting him... explore.

I don't know how long we stay like that.

~

I open my eyes slowly, looking at my closed bathroom door.

I smile into my pillow as I remember last night.

The kiss.

I get up, walking into the bathroom for my morning routine.

I walk back out, picking out my outfit for the day, black ripped jeans, and a white cropped shirt.

As soon as I leave my room, I knock on Corbs's door.

He opens it and grins. "Looks like we're matching."

I look at his clothes. Black ripped jeans, and a plain white shirt.

I smile. "Seems like it."

I grab his right hand, pulling him to the kitchen.

When I drop his hand, I see a certain tattoo.

I lift his arm again, seeing the '8' for 8 Letters.

"I found it," I grin.

He chuckles. "So you did."

He somehow manages to untangle his arm, and I'm suddenly flush against him.

"Hi," I smile.

"Hello," he smiles back.

He buries his face in my neck. I feel his breath against my skin. "Can we go to the park after breakfast? We can bring Bean."

I laugh softly. "Of course."

~

Corbs takes my hand, the one that doesn't hold Bean's leash.

We arrive at the place we met.

"Remember?" He asks. "You were crying. And listening to our music."

I laugh. "And you were being emo."

"I was trying to hide my identity," Corbyn sighs. "Though right now, I don't really care."

I smile at him. "Oh yeah? Why?"

Corbyn turns to face me, grabbing both my hands, Bean's leash on his wrist.

"Izzy? Can I ask you something?" He looks a little nervous.

I smile. "Of course. Anything."

He looks back up at me, to my clothes, then back up. "I like how we're matching. But I'm stalling. Isabelle, I don't know your last name, I have known you for, what?, a month and a few weeks? It feels like a really long time. It's been about 7 months since I've had a girlfriend, not that that matters, but I'm pretty sure you're the one. Izzy, I would be... extraordinarily happy if you'd be my girlfriend."

I smile happily. "I— Corbyn— Corbs— Yes!"

He smiles widely, pulling me close, kissing me on the lips.

"I am now super happy," he says, pulling away.

I laugh. "So am I, Corbs. So am I."