09 | potentially problematic

CHAPTER NINE
POTENTIALLY PROBLEMATIC
[09]

song: I'm Not Ok by Weathers

(the figure looks just like Lana Condor doesn't it? Instead of having Cho as Cedric's stolen thing, it'll be Hermione and Lin will be Viktor's)

+++++++++++++++

"Harry you told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago. The task is two days from now." I sighed.

"Really? I had no idea." Harry says sarcastically. "I suppose Viktor and Cedric has already figured it out."

"I wouldn't know, we didn't actually talk about the tournament. Actually we didn't really talk at all, mostly he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually."

"Speaking of Cedric... he said he was looking for you. Maybe he's going to tell you what to do?" Hermione says.

"Maybe..."

+++++

Harry told us what Cedric suggested: to put the egg underwater.

"Come seek us where our voices sound." Harry read aloud.

"The black lake, that's obvious." Hermione said.

"An hour long you'll have to look."

"Again obvious, though I must admit potentially
problematic." I say.

"Potentially problematic? When was the last time you held your breath under the water for an hour Lin?" Harry asks.

"Never. I can't swim."

"Look Harry, we can do this. The four of us can figure it out." Hermione reassures.

Mad-Eye Moody appears in the doorway. "Hate to break up this scholar session but Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office." We all start to walk towards the exit of the library. "Not you Potter, just Weasley, Toh, and Granger."

I cast one last glance at him and mouth 'you'll do fine.' (why does that remind me of when Barney told those exact words to Clarice before her first time meeting Hannibal?)

+++++

When the three of us enter Professor McGonagall's office a young girl is already inside. She looks just like a mini-Fleur. Must be her sister.