16 | dumbledore's army

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY
[16]

song: Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana

+++++++++++++++

"Love, I'm home!" A voice called out to the house.

Lin recognized it immediately. "In the kitchen Fred!" she replied.

When he walked into the kitchen, rose petals were on the ground and his beautiful wife was smiling and holding a handmade cake with white buttercream and red frosting that spelt out 'Happy Birthday Fred!'

The light from the lit candles on the cake illuminated her face and her dark shiny hair. Her dark eyes that usually appeared black was lit by the candle and it looked a golden honey color. Fred thought- KNEW she was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes upon. He smiled at the thought.

"Oh love, you didn't have to do this..." Fred trails off while slowly walking to his wife. He blew out the candles and Lin set the cake on the kitchen counter.

He put one hand on her waist and one hand holding hers. She put a hand on his back and the other was already in his. They started to sway.

No music was needed. Just their love.

"What about the kids?" Fred asked his darling wife.

"I put them to bed. We have the whole night to ourselves." Lin replied. Fred winked at her suggestively. "Oh shut it." She put her head on his shoulder and they continued to sway.

The cake was long forgotten until the morning when their kids found it and ate it for breakfast.

"Get up you lazy arse!" George yelled into his twin's ear. Fred instantly got up.

"What was that for?" Fred rubbed his eyes. "I was having a very good dream!"

"Sure you were." George smiled at him. "'Lin! Oh Lin I love you so much!'" George mocked.

Fred didn't actually sleep-talk, but George just knew what he was dreaming about. It was fairly obvious Fred and Lin liked each other, except to them.

Fred threw a pillow at George and he dodged it. George just kept laughing at his twin.

"Oh shut it."

+++++

Umbitch was reviewing all of the professors' methods and seeing if it was good enough for the ministry's eyes.