10 | that's my boy

CHAPTER TEN
THAT 'S MY BOY
[10]

song: Daddy Issues by The Neighbourhood

+++++++++++++++

It was time for the third and final task.

"Earlier today Professor Moody placed the triwizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory..." The crowd cheers at his name.

Dumbledore continued, "and Mr Potter tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum..." Now the Durmstrang crowd goes wild.

"The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather 'round." the headmaster summons the champions.

He turns to the champions and warns them, "In the maze you'll find not dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh find the cup if you can, but be very weary you could just lose yourselves along the way."

"Champions! Prepare yourselves." Professor Moody tells them.

Cedric hugs his dad, Amos Diggory before he goes.

"On the count of three... ONE..." The canon goes off. Mr Filch shrugs.

Harry and Cedric enter the maze through different entrances.

"I hope they'll be okay." Hermione whispers from next to me.

"Me too." I sigh.

+++++

Fleur is the first one back. She was unsuccessful in finding the cup, but at least she's safe.

Next Krum comes back. He looks rabid. Dumbledore and the security people put him down. Turns out he was under imperious curse.

Harry and Cedric still aren't back.

+++++

Harry appears back in the arena. With Cedric's dead body.

First the crowd isn't sure what happened and they cheer.

Harry is weeping on Cedric's body.

"Harry! Harry!" the headmaster tries to pry him off of the body, but to no use. "Tell me what happened!" Dumbledore yells.

"He's back, he's back! Voldemort's back. Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him, not there."

"It's alright Harry. It's alright, he's home, you both are." Dumbledore tries to comfort Harry.

"Keep everybody in their seats. A boy has just been killed. The body must be moved Dumbledore, there are... too many people."

"Let me through!" Amos Diggory pushes through the crowd. "That's my son! My boy!"

Mr Diggory breaks down, wailing loudly. "That's my boy!" he sobs.

Tears fall down Hermione's cheeks and I try to comfort her by hugging her.

+++++

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was..."Dumbledore announces to the student body in the great hall, while seated. Then he stands and continues, "...as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce, fierce friend. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord
Voldemort. The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this.

"But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of
recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain,
you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end."

+++++

It's the end of year and time to go home now.

Viktor gives kisses me and then hands me a piece of paper. "Write to me. Promise."

"I promise. Bye." I say when he walks away.

"So.. your Bulgarian bon-bon is going home." a voice from behind me says.

I turn around and it's Fred.

I nod, not really wanting to speak to him.

"I hate not speaking to you, Lin. Can't we just go back to normal? Go back to being friends?" He asks.

"Well... I suppose I could forgive you." I tease him.

"Brilliant." He then pulls me into a hug. I stand there frozen.

"Uhh.. rule number one: no public or non-public affection. No physical affection period." I say to him when he pulls away.

"Got it."

+++++

"Do you think we'll ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?" Ron asks us.

"No." Hermione and I say at the same time.
"No, I don't think so." Harry says

"Everything's going to change now isn't it?" I ask.

"Yes." Harry replies.

"Promise you'll write this summer. All of you." Hermione says.

Ron laughs, "Well I won't. You know I won't!"

"Harry and Lin will, won you?"

"Yeah, every week." Harry chuckles.

"As often as I physically can." I promise Hermione.

We lean and look over the balcony to see the flying horses pulling the Beauxbatons carriage away and the Durmstrang's ship sinks underwater. Leaving the way they came...

+++++++++++++++

A/N: this is the final chapter of Goblet Of Fire!

next is Order of the Phoenix!

lemme know what you think of my writing I beg of you 🙇🏻‍♀️

it's lazy I know, I'm such a dedicated writer