22 | april fools

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
APRIL FOOLS
[22]

song: W.D.Y.W.F.M? by The Neighbourhood

M? by The Neighbourhood

+++++++++++++++

Today was Fred and George's birthday. The muggle April Fools Day.

No one could stop them from pranking the entire school and faculty. Not even Dumbitch.

Lin woke up today, ready to spend time with her boyfriend and give him his birthday present that she's been working on. She hadn't seen him in a few days....

He wasn't at breakfast. Or in the halls. Or at dinner.

The whole day, she'd heard the stories of what they were up to today. The pranks they played on all the professors and lots of students, all in one day. But Lin was wanting him to tell her himself.

She was starting to question if maybe this was the prank on her. Not the avoiding part— but their relationship.

How she be so stupid? Of course the whole thing was a prank.

A confrontation in the library only confirmed her suspicions.

"Hey, Lin." An evil voice said from behind Lin. She turned around to see Adriana Hinkle walking up to where she was seated. (i'm basing this off of a real person. except this Adriana Hinkle is more brave to confront Lin. ALSO i'm not specifying which house she's in cuz let's be real, she aint brave or smart or loyal or ambitious [the irl person that is] lmao)

"What do you want Hinkle?" Lin said through gritted teeth.

"Oh, just wanted to tell you something that might interest you." Adriana twirled a lock of her dark hair around her right pointer finger. She sat down on the table and crossed her legs.

Lin scoffed, "And what's that?"

"Just wanted to let you know that your boyfriend isn't actually into you." She sneered.

Lin laughed at that and turned back to her essay, hoping the bitch would leave.

"It might interest you to know, he's pulling a big prank on you." Adriana said in a sing-songy voice.

Lin turned toward her again. "No he's not."

"Oh, but he is." She smiled sweetly. "See, this big prank was actually a bet to see if he could get you to date him. But now it's just a prank. Today, he's going to admit it's all been a prank and he's going to dump your sorry arse."